one

"finally, we're here!" sunoo sighed, placing his bike against a tree on the hill. jungwon followed.

they had bicycled over seven miles, in the late afternoon.

"lucky for you," jungwon said while taking off his backpack. "i brought some snacks!"

sunoo smiled. "you're a lifesaver."

he pecked jungwon's cheek. the cat-eyed boy giggled.

jungwon had also brought a blanket. they spread it under the tree and set out the food.

"let's see," sunoo began searching through his notes. "the teacher said to paint five different flowers, in any style."

the assignment was from their art teacher. the two boys had decided to do it together.

it was technically a date. just like countless other times.

before jungwon asked sunoo to be his boyfriend, they had gone on "dates" too, but both of them said to their friends that they were platonic. lies, of course. everyone but them knew.

"how about we paint each other?" jungwon suggested.

and so they started. sunoo had brought the art supplies. while he took them out, he saw that something was missing.

"wait, we need flowers!"

the two boys stared at each other, realization hitting. they both burst out laughing.

"whoever gets first to that bush over there, wins!"

"bet." sunoo answered, both of them racing down the valley.