chapter five.

as Nila, in titan form, stood safely away from the demolished living quarters, she took a moment to recuperate from the shock and momentary fear from the destruction and bloodshed of her comrades.

this really was not supposed to happen today, she never wanted this to happen.

the air around her became so thin it was sharp, cutting the back of her throat every time she inhaled, her precious organ that thumped rhythmically was desperately thrown off rhythm.

Nila's blood ran cold, colder than the winter's snow. all she could think, her mind playing these two thoughts over and over again like a record player was— was Porco still in that building when it collapsed?

did he get crushed??

tears pricked her eyes at the thought, he couldn't die. he couldn't. he couldn't. he couldn't. he...

and luckily, the gods were on her side tonight because she was right, he wasn't.

she saw the slightest image of his titan on a rooftop not too far away before hopping down into an alleyway.

her prayers were answered and she had to remember to thank each god that ever was, later, after all of this is over.

with her mind at ease, she began moving through the dark and dim city, lighting it up as she went.

she first needed to find Zeke Jaeger, the Beast Titan.

with more yellow lightning filling the sky, she imagined that would be him, and as she turned to look in that direction, she didn't see Zeke, no, what she saw was the Tybur family's War Hammer Titan rising up to meet the challenge of the infamous Eren Jaeger.

oh what the fuck, Nila couldn't help but think. so that was the Founder Titan, greaaaat.

if Eren Jaeger is here, then does Zeke know? if he knows, is he helping his younger brother siege the city?

that was what she had wanted to tell Porco—not that she loved him and wanted to be with him—which she did, but oh fuck, now wasn't the time for this!

Nila in her titan form placed one hand on a rooftop and swung her legs over, landing on the other side of the building. she began running around different buildings and trying to not step on anybody below her, Nila saw the War Hammer ready up their crystal hammer but before they could get it up fully, the Attack Titan started his own lunge.

with the Infernal Titan, she gathered up a fireball in her palm and tossed it Eren's way.

the flaming ball stunned Eren long enough for the Tybur to swing the hammer up and under his jaw, sending him flying into the broken down apartment complex behind him.

Nila silently cheered for Tybur. in all honesty, she had nothing against Eren, believe it or not, but she was on one explicit side of this war.

the war started with petty feelings and would probably end that way, too.

Nila quickly ejected herself from her titan, falling to the ground with sudden force, feeling like it almost gave her whiplash.

she suddenly regretted that decision to eject from the nape of her titan form before falling.

she crawled out of the steaming carcass and jumped to her feet, pulling her arm band tighter around her bicep as she took off through the streets.

she only had one goal, make it through this night.

—————————————————————————

so, it was now reaching the early mornings, Nila felt like absolute ass, and everything was going to shit.