chapter six.

"is there a reason for this, Pock?"

"yes— i mean no. no fuck, i mean yes!"

"are you sure about that?"

"shut up."

Porco had decided that spending the night in the fucking woods was a better idea than sitting around and finding out what the hell was going on.

Nila thought it would be better to find Pieck Finger, one of the only reasonable titan shifters there was. the couple liked to agree-to-disagree on that one.

"look, i'm trying to find the fuckin lab, ok? i don't remember where it was. i'm stressed, leave me alone." he laughed but Nila knew it wasn't true.

"baby, turn around, look at me." when he did, Nila got on her tiptoes and gave him a little kiss on the lips, sending two huge swarms of butterflies to both of their stomachs.

with a blushed face and pink ears, Nila grabbed both of Pock's hands and gave each one a smooch. "i love you, mkay? whatever you decide to do, i'll support you through it, but my love, the laboratory is on the other side of the island. let's rest here for a bit and then make our way over."

"i love you too, but i don't wanna wait. i found out something interesting earlier during the battle that i think could lead us to a cure quicker. i'm so sick of this shit, i want the war to be over already." he sighed, furrowed eyebrows and a husky voice accompanied it.

"what'd you find out, love?" she sat the two of them on the ground, under a sprouting oak tree.

Porco reached into his jacket and pulled out a vial of something blue, almost pearlescent, and shiny. "it's, uh, as gross as this is gonna sound, it's Lara Tybur's spinal fluid. i think there might be some of the crystalline stuff in it too." Nila gulped at the sight, reaching to take it from him but he lifted it higher.

"careful, love. when i picked it up, it gave me a shock, and a real bad one at that. it was like going through Ymir's memories, and Marcel's too. but it wasn't mine or theirs, it was hers." she frowned, her left eyebrow raising in suspicion and confusion.

"'hers'? who? you don't mean Lara, do you?" Nila unknowingly shifted closer to him, brushing their knees together.

"that's exactly who i mean, sweetheart. i don't know how, but i saw her memories. she was... quiet, but always around when nobody thought she was." he was confused too, although if it was something new Pock always seemed confused.

Nila blushed at the pet name, she could get used to hearing that from his mouth. oh how she wanted to kiss those pretty lips right now... WOAH, okay. you're veering off track, Nila, get it together. she thought to herself miserably, she really did want another kiss though.

"how the fuck could you see her memories? you're not the holder of her titan, are you? could you see anybody else's?" one of the many negative traits of her personality was shining through in this moment, her curiosity. to her, at least, it made her undesirable. to Pock, however, it made her all the more alluring.

Porco shrugged immediately, "i don't know! why do you think i'm asking you?" he chuckled at their behavior.

"you weren't asking me, you were telling me. but whatever, could you see anybody else's?"

Pock rolled his eyes and Nila resisted the urge to slap him silly, "uh..." he thought to himself for a quick second, "not that i know of, no."

"that's fucking weird." she mumbled to herself. the word fuck was becoming too much of a habit to say. she blamed Porco wholeheartedly. "i wanna see what it does to me, hand it over."