Chapter 1

Rosie's pov:

I was walking through the hallways of the main Syntec location. When Nelson called me on the speakers, his voice ringing throughout the whole building.

I finally get to Nelson's office door, after many stops of employees asking me what I think of their projects.

I knock.

"Come in!!" I hear.

I open the door and go straight to the edge of his desk, sitting down. "So what do you need?" I ask fiddling with a pen in his pen pot.

"I want you to test the life's blood on yourself."

"Okay, I was already going to do that?" I said a bit sassily. (Is that how you spell it?) He made a face and slapped my leg lightly, and scoffed.

"I know you were, I just wanted you to actually do it and not slack off." I rolled my eyes and walked out not shutting the door.

I heard Nelson's voice shouting at a poor employee to shut his door. Oops.

I walked down the hallways, that were lined with radioactive waste bins and file cabinets, for subject files.

Multiple doors open and shut as scientists come in and out, like mum's on a mission.

I chuckle at that thought and keep walking to Deb's subjects room. I open the door with a key fob and slide inside.

I see a couple of breef cases with jars of life's blood, and special syringes. I take a couple of jars and a syringe.

Deb comes in and sees me taking the cases but doesn't saying anything, knowing she couldn't do anything against me.

I walk back to my office, listening to the screams of projects and the hustle and bustle of scientists.

I finally get there, using my key fob to open the door. I set the case down on my desk in the corner of the room, and roll up my lab coat sleeve.

I sit in the desk chair and get the life's blood ready in the syringe, I slowly inject it into my left arm. I see my veins turn bright red, before I start to scream in pain, it burns.

It stops in no time and I do the same to the other arm. I write down the effects in my own file, and sign it off, before I bring the file to Nelson.

I start to walk to Nelson's office with the breef case. I knock on the door, He tells me to come in.

I walk in and show him my arms and the file before I start to feel slight breathing problems.

Nelson brings out a black mask, with the Syntec snakes on the front. Life's blood is being fed into the mask, by tubes.

He fits it onto my face with the Absolate around his neck. I cough a bit, but get used to breathing in the serum.

He smiles at me and kisses my forehead. "I knew I would need this, I did make a more potent version of life's blood." I say as I look at myself through a mirror in his office.

I smirk at how cool and frightening I look, before saying goodbye to Nelson and walking out the room.

It's nearly time to shut for the night, so I get my files ready in my backpack, aswell as my laptop, before locking my office door.

I hear other scientists getting ready to go, before locking up their subjects rooms. I smile at a few of my friends, under my mask, before exiting the building.

I walk to my car just outside, in the VIP places. I look at the CCTV cameras before getting in my car and driving away.