Chapter 2

Rosie's pov:

The next day, I got into Syntec quite early, so I could get more tests done for Nelson.

There was a school year coming in to get toured around, so I made sure there was no testing being done today with any serum.

So we didn't get shut down, or reported, by the police. Nelson sure didn't want that.

I took my mask off for today, so I didn't scare the children. But that did mean I needed multiple small injections of life's blood.

It was nearly half past ten, so I got an employee to tour the children around the Syntec location 1, that we were in.

I was walking down a hallway, when I saw the tour guide and a group of children, looking around at the scientists work.

They were allowed to look into the windows of the labs, seeing the employees work on the serums and other substances.

I smiled a bit and walked up to them, just as the tour guide was talking about me. "You talking about me, Billy?" I smirked.

He jumped and swivelled around to look at me, he smiled and introduced me as one of the founders of Syntec.

After a bit, I walked away to meet Wesley Nathaniel, to talk about tests. Scott was perfecting the life's blood mask for the phantoms so I didn't have to worry about that.

I then started to work on Apple II's and in chat logs, to see what the tests results are on the projects that Deb does.

I don't know what exactly she is doing, but it's questionable. She even has something going on with Wes.

Wes had talked to Syphus for hours about something, but Nelson didn't let me in his office. I bet he's going to tell me what they talked about afterwards anyway.

We all co-founded Syntec, but they still don't let me in some things. It really frustrates me.

Deb is trying to manipulate Wes into thinking me and Nelson are bad, and are killing this company.

We all have different views on how we want Syntec to go forward, but we all can't seem to work in harmony.

Deb has always tried to get Nelson out of Syntec, but she's the problem. She's the one doing inhumane tests on people.

Nelson has even said to Wes to be careful of Deb, but Wes still talks to Deb anyway.

After a full day of work, I finally get to talk to Nelson and get my mask back.

I knock on his office door. "Come in"

I walk in and sit on the corner of his desk and look him in the eyes. "What did you talk about with Wes?" I ask.

Nelson sighed and said, "He kept trying to persuade me into stepping down but I refused, it obviously was Deb's idea for him to confront me."

I sighed and looked into his eyes, he stood up and kissed me lightly on the lips. He rubbed my cheek with the back of his hand softly, before he said, "I know you hate Deb, but I want to see what she's going to do."

I smiled and walked out saying goodnight before leaving.

In the night I got a call from the police saying that a body has been found in a red Mercury Mountaineer.

I raced towards Syntec location one in my car, then I found out that it was Wes' body. He seemed to be shot with a blank.

My longest friend, murdered in his own car. I felt tears prick my eyes before I roughly wiped them away.

I couldn't stand here any longer so I drove home in silence and went straight to bed.

It has been a couple of months after Wes' death, the subject still sore on my mind. I know Deb killed him, so I avoid her at all cost.

It's near lunch time, so I make my way down to the cantine. I smell burning, but don't think much of it, as seen as I'm in the cantine, where they cook food.

The smell of burning becomes stronger, just as the fire alarm goes off. Fear strikes through me, as I think of Nelson. I race up the stairs, to be hit with a wall of smoke and the heat of flames.

I shout out Nelson's name, only to get nothing back, not even a sound. I yelp as the flames nip at my feet. My shoes starting to get a bit toasty.

I run back down stairs, hoping Nelson made it out safe. An explosion rips throught the building as flames burst out of the windows, shards of glass raining down on the employees.

I shout out Nelson's name through the crowd of employees, but I don't get an answer back.

I start to bawl my eyes out. Pushing through the crowd, I don't even see Deb. I slowly walk back to my car, not even looking back.

I get home and face plant into bed, falling straight to sleep, dryed tears on my face.