Make a Move

"Bri you ready for this get together?" Red saying to me unboxing beers.

"You know I'm a smoker.." I said staring at the beers. "But yes I'm ready. It's nothing big.."

"Well if it turns out to be a party, you going in your room?"

"Maybe. You know I don't like people in my house."

"Which is why it's a good reason to stay out here to watch them." She said smiling walking up to me giving me a half hug.

"It's giving cancel it."

"It's giving, get over your ex." Red said rolling her eyes. "You know he been trying to move on. I know you don't want to hear this right now but... girl there is more men out here willing to do moreeee.  But as of right now, you just got out of a relationship and you are in the gym, anddddddd you need to get some new you know what."

I laughed it off but every time  I thought about my ex being in a new relationship after 2 months of us splitting always made me sick to my stomach and not wanting to date men at all. Damien is fine though even though he gives me player, you can't catch me if you ain't got evidence type shit vibes.  But like Red said, I ain't looking for no damn relationship, I ain't got shit left in me. Which is probably why I'm brushing off what Shy said to me in the locker room.

"You right, these niggas do be fine." I laughed cheering myself up. "I went to the gym yesterday."

"Oh you did??? That's so great. I'm proud of you. Finally getting your lazy ass up and getting to it again."

"Yeah Red, depression ain't no joke." I said shaking my head making a funny face to lighten the tone up.

"Yes and now we can party. I have my best friend back."

"I met someone."

There was a sudden silence. I knew she was geeking and jumping in the inside. I try to be as serious as possible but when I looked at her we both broke out in excitement.

"YOU MET SOMEONE? LIKE MET? Or MET MET?" She said grinding the air.

"Girl.." I said shoving her slightly laughing, "his name is Damien and we're just friends. He wants me bad though girl." I said shimmering towards her.

"What does he look like? What's his Instagram??" Red said getting close enough to see my phone.

"Oh shit. I never got his number or social media. But I do have Shy number." I said opening my phone.

"Who is Shy?" She said looking at me. "Don't be trying to replace me now."

"Girl you been around me since we were kids. If I'm replacing you with anyone, it'll be someone with a dick. A big one." I said laughing.

We stood there waiting for Shyana to text me back with his number and she responded with his Instagram.

"Weird." Red said looking at the messages.

"She probably just want me to initiate it myself. You can bring the horse to the well but you can't make the horse drink the water."

"Well we is real thirsty so COME ON."

We proceeded to open up Instagram and go to his page. Looking at Red, I can tell she fell in love with him her damn self. I took my phone back and smiled at him even more knowing I got me a good one.

"He looks good. Very big." Red said flipping her hair.

"I'm going to invite him."

I direct messaged him and waited for a response. Five minutes went by and I decided to put my phone down and help Red with the set up. She kept talking about what music we're going to play and the games and honestly as she kept talking my social battery kept dying.

"Smoke?" I said walking towards my room.

"Actually I'm going to the store and then I'm going to see Tone. He's going to help mix the alcohol and do the dishes with me."

"I can't believe your brother is a grown ass man now. He's like what 23 now?" I said reminiscing about us basically being babies.

"Yeah but he will always be our little hotdog."

We both laughed joking about how he use to love eating hotdogs as a kid whether they were cold or hot. We ended our conversation in laughs and went out separate ways. I closed my room door and put the towel underneath the door and turned on my LED lights. I changed it to pink and then turned on my playlist to smoke. As I'm rolling, I get a reply from Damien and I was going to drop everything and reply but he can wait.

After finishing rolling my blunt and getting the right songs in rotation, I replied back saying "I'm having a get together letter. I don't know how long it might turn into a party, but I would like you there with me and friends before it gets wild." I laid back and then enjoyed my session. Eventually I got his number and he was texting slow. I was starting to think maybe I'm a little hyped and need to calm down and that's exactly what I did.

After I was finished smoking, I got up to go back out to the living room and Red still wasn't back yet. I felt my phone vibrate and it was a message from Red.

"Having it at my place! We're coming back for the stuff. You're going to need your place tonight ;)"

I laughed but to be honest I don't know if I really want to have sex with this man. It's probably first nigga I see after a break up or maybe... I'm finally getting over my ex.  My ex, Vin, was a friend first and we all was a group. Me, Red, Vin, and others who will be there tonight. I said was because Vin broke off when we split two months ago.

I went to close the blinds and made sure my door was locked. I turned on some soothing music and started to prepare for my shower. I heard a knock on the door and it was Red just in time. I gave her the things and she left with Tone. I looked at my phone and Damien responded almost 30 minutes ago. Oops.

"Sorry preparing for tonight. About to shower."

"It's cool. What's your address?"

"It's not at my place anymore, my friend changed it to her place."

"Why?"

"She told me I'm going to need my space tonight."

"Oh word. Say less."

"I didn't say anything."

"You said just enough. I'll see you later mamas."

"Do you mind picking me up and bringing me back to my place? I'll be drinking tonight."

"Done."