tip

"CHOI

"CHOI...YEONJUN..." Sitting in my metallic black Prius outside of an unknown office building, I scroll through my upcoming passengers' profile on the Uber app. It was nearly 9:30 on a Friday night, yet downtown was still buzzing with honking cars and people. School girls linked arms as they skipped into the karaoke bar across the street. Business men rushed by with briefcases, and vanished into the subway entrance below. Couples kissed against the street lamps. A crying boy sobbed into the pay phone, maybe he got lost in the way home and needed someone to pick him up.

City life in Korea.

"4.5 out of 5 stars..." I continued to scroll, the bright light of my phone screen beaming on my face. "'Sweet man!'...'Respectful'...'Does not disturb the driver! Ten out of ten!'...'Tips very well! In—' IN CHUNKS OF CASH!?" I gasp. I kept scrolling, only to find more reviews from other drivers confirming this.

"He tips amazing! Such a humble boy!"

"Gives out wads of cash as collateral for the ride!"

"Amazing tipper!"

"Generous with money! Cool dude!"

"No way..." I whisper. I set my phone down and stare ahead at the street. I suddenly clear my throat and pull down the overhead mirror, applying lip gloss and massaging my scalp to add volume to my light brown hair. "If I want a good tip, I probably have to look as feminine as possible." I mutter with a smirk, winking at myself.

If he tips as good as they claim, I might be able to pay my rent for the next few months!! I'll be able to buy the newest PS5, a brand new couch, get a hair cut—

As I'm making sure I don't look like a mess, I see a man leave the building and look around the street. He spots my car, and begins to head towards it.

"Huh?" No way...THIS man is Choi Yeonjun? Who I'm about to drive back to a bar 15 minutes away?? He's so...

hot.

He's got shiny black hair that's gelled back, but a few strands are hanging over his eyes. I think he's wearing contacts, because his eyes are a bright sparkling gray. He's got this glow to his face, and some glitter underneath his eyes. Even from inside my car with tinted windows, I can tell he's wearing faint eyeshadow. Before he puts on his mask, I can see his plump, unique shaped lips and nose. He's wearing a long black trench coat, a white turtle neck, and black slacks with sneakers. He's holding a bag in his left hand, and a drink in his right.

Is he a model? Because what the actual fuck—

The door opens, and I remain facing forward until I hear he has entered the vehicle. Showtime, baby.

I clear my throat and lick my lips, turning behind me and flashing him a smile. "Hi, Choi Yeonjun?—" I stop immediately after. Oh wow...

He's even hotter up close.