01

| BEGINNING OF SUMMER |

People grieve differently.

Some decide to ignore their own pain and distract themselves with other things or people so they won't feel the suffocating and agonizing pain.

Others faced their grieve and let themselves heal with time.

When my mother and childhood best friend died, the suffocating, agonizing, and heartbreaking pain was too much to deal with so I distracted myself a lot.

I never got over it, I just decided to shove it to the back of my mind and moved on with my life.

That was one of my mistakes.

Not dealing with my trauma became more trauma.

"Rhea, please come help us," Penelope says from behind me and I finally snap back to earth and turn around to see both of my best friends struggling with our luggage.

"Sorry," I tell both of them and hurry my steps so I can help my best friend Eliana to close the trunk. "You have to press this button, remember?"

Eliana rolls her eyes but let's me help her by giving me the car remote and pressing the button, the trunk slowly comes down until the car it's closed.

"Tada!" I say with a smile on my face and point to the car.

"Rhea, I absolutely hate you," Eliana jokes and Penelope laughs.

"Eliana, it's not her fault she knows how to use a remote and you don't," Penelope says and lifts her hands to undo her bun just to redo it again.

Gosh, Penelope it's just naturally breathtaking.

She doesn't need no makeup, no hair done, nothing.

Eliana is just the same.

"Penelope it's right, El," I say, and the smile on my face grows wider as Eliana flips me and Penelope off.

"I know how to use it, I just hate modern cars," She explains for the hundredth time. "But are we going to stay here outside the entire day or what? I'm tired,"

"Right, let's go," Penelope says and each one of us grabs our luggages and carry them to the front door.

We stop by the front door so I could get the keys out of my pocket but in less than a second, the front door flies open and my grandma steps out with a grin on her face and her arms open wide open.

"My beautiful girls are finally here!" She yells and hugs all of us. We immediately drop our luggage and hug her back, just with the same force as her.

"Grandma!"

"We missed you!" We say and after a few seconds we step back from the hug and she examines each one of us.

She starts with Eliana on my left. "Darling, you grew taller than me. How?" She asks her with a suspicious look.

"Oh you know, manifestation and spells," Eliana shrugs her shoulders.

"That's my girl," Grandma smiles and winks at her before turning to Penelope. "Sweetheart, you dyed your hair again?"

"How'd you noticed?" Penelope gasps since the change in her hair is barely noticeable.