03

flashback

"Rhea? What are you making there?" Margot, Rhea's mother smiled and asked her daughter as she stepped foot in the kitchen.

A young Rhea, was mixing things in a bowl when she looked up and saw her mother. "I'm making muffins, for Liam,"

"And what type of muffins are you making, love?" Margot asked.

"Blueberry. Liam's favorites, of course!" Rhea beamed with joy.

Margot hummed in response and looked at the mess on the kitchen counter, flour, eggs, milk, oil, and blueberries were discarded all over the place.

"Do you need any help, love?" She asked, and waited for her daughters response.

Rhea continued mixing the ingredients in the bowl, floor going all over her arms and hands with the fast movements she was doing, but she answered. "No thanks, Mom,"

And continued working on the muffins she was making.

Her mother watched her carefully, and slowly remembered how similar her daughter and her are.

I'm not talking about looks though, because they are indeed almost the same person.

They both have big almond eyes, big cheeks, and brown hair— almost black.

But they both are similar in the way that they care deeply about other people. Rheas mother knows that the reason why Rhea is making those muffins is because Liam's parents got into a fight and she wants to cheer him up.

When Rheas mother was little and she lived in the same town they both are living right now, she had two best friends.

Amelia and Robert.

They were so close in the way they would spend every second of every day together. Robert family had problems like all the families in the fucking world do, so Rheas mother would bake cookies for Robert to feel better.

"Love, I'm home!" The smile that appears on Margot's face at the sound of her husbands voice was so genuine.

"We're in the kitchen!" She immediately yelled back, and walked over to her daughter. "Dad's home, pumpkin!"

The steps become closer and closer until Rheas dad appeared by the kitchen door, his suit still on. "Oh there you girls are!"

"Dad!" Rhea smiles and rushes to her dads side to hug him very tightly.

"Hello, pumpkin!" Her dad beams down at her, and hugs her back.

"I'm making muffins for Liam, dad," Rhea says and points to the messy counter.

"Again, pumpkin?" Her dad raised his brows and looked at his wife for a split second before his eyes returned to his daughter.

"Yes, I want to help him feel better," and with that she returned to the counter and started putting the paper cups on the trays.

She lifted the bowl to pour the batter into the paper cups but it was so heavy so her father stepped in. "Let us do it, sweetie."