Melina

Some time has passed since where we last left off... Our sights are set on what appears to be some ruins located near a large gate front. However, there were quite a few bodies littering the ruined grounds, bodies of soldiers belonging to Godrick. The bodies themselves are either chopped up, sliced, beheaded, or have had their heads stomped in. What might have caused this?

Next, we see Y/N leaving from an underground passageway, bloodied from head to toe, whilst inspecting a knife-like object. Besides being covered in blood, Y/N doesn't seem to have sustained any injuries. He turns the knife-like object in his hands a few times before pocketing it. He takes a step forward through some corpses before his ankle was grabbed by a hand. He calmly looks down to see a solider of Goodrick barely breathing and being the one to hold his leg.

Y/N: Still alive, are we?

Y/N's voice is calm but held an edge to it. The solider gives a few dry gasps while trying to have a tight hold on Y/N. Keyword: trying.

Solider: *wheeze* Tarnished scum...

Y/N's eye squinted behind his helm. He's never heard one of these soldiers speak before. To him, they seemed like shambling corpses that only attacked something that wasn't them. To hear one of them speak would make anyone investigate the matter further. Y/N, however, wasn't just anyone.

Y/N moved his foot out of the soldier's grasp before raising it higher and stomping on the soldier's throat, effectively crushing it and killing him in the process. Y/N moved on without another word or thought to a nearby sight of grace near the road. Night was approaching and Y/N needed to rest after today's events.

As per usual, Y/N stuck out a hand to the sight of grace to activate it before sitting on the ground near it. The light radiating off of it rejuvenated Y/N while also effectively cleansing his person of blood.

Y/N: Neat trick.

He spoke aloud to himself, noting the effect the grace had on him. He let out a sigh before trying to make himself a bit more comfortable on the ground and stare at the now darkened sky, watching the Erdtree illuminate the Lands Between and the stars and moon settle into the night sky. It was nothing he wasn't used to, especially being Tarnished and on the move, but he always enjoyed views like these. He always did love the stars...

He would get to enjoy the view for a few more moments before something caught his eye. A few feet away from his right, particles of magic seemed to be gathering. Before he could think more on it, a person in a cloak started to materialize. Y/N didn't show signs of reacting, but his hand did find its way to the hilt of his sword next to him. The person fully materialized before addressing Y/N.

Cloaked Figure: Greetings. Traveler from beyond the fog. I am Melina.

She then parted the front of her cloak to kneel. She then lifted her hood, revealing herself to Y/N. What he saw made him tilt his head. Before him was a beautiful young woman with pale auburn hair that reached her shoulders, pale skin that made her look almost akin to a porcelain doll, and a mesmerizing hazel eye that looked like it could pierce one's soul. The most notable feature on her, however, was that her left eye was closed and it seemed to be branded by some kind of rune. How strange... Besides that, she held a stoic expression.

Melina: I offer you an accord.

Sensing no ill intentions from her, Y/N released the grip on his sword before visibly relaxing. Though that didn't stop him from keeping his guard up. He's been in a few situations where that has costed him dearly.

Melina: Have you heard of the Finger Maidens?

*record scratch*

A/N: Why in the hell are they called this?! Whose idea was it for this name?! Besides that, I can't be the only one to question this choice in naming, right? Right?! Ugh, dirty thoughts and names aside, back to the story...