Chapter 6

"So...why am I here?" I asked as Stiles and Scott stood staring at a 15 year old kid. Stiles winced and I assume I surprised him and he had prepared for it as he had called me to get there.

"Is he supernatural?" I gave Stiles an incredulous look.

"I may be an Original, Stiles, but there are more important things I need to do than being a supernatural radar."

"Speaking of supernatural, Derek wanted to talk to you and I still don't have your number–"

"Why not just get it from Stiles?"

"We have a complicated relationship..." I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you two–"

"MCCALL, STILINSKI, ASSES ON THE FIELD!" I grunted and glared at their coach.

"We'll talk later, okay?" Stiles handed me keyes.

"These are Derek's keys, I had to beg him for them, so please don't break them." I smiled in confusion as he ran off after Scott...and, no...I did not stare at his ass before leaving to my house.

🧛‍♂️ 🧛‍♂️ 🧛‍♂️

I knocked on the sliding door of Derek's loft, I had done a locator spell, because while I could've used my senses to find him, I prefer using my magic.

Magic gave me a sense of familiarity and peace that my vampiric senses could never ever match up to. The door slid open and I turned my head to the irritable uncle of Derek with a smirk.

"Derek! You're ex lover's new boyfriend is here!" I tilted my head in confusion as Peter walked away, I stayed in the doorway for that annoying stupid rule.

"I thought he was you're boyfriend, he spends enough time flirting with you, I figured he'd won your heart already." I hid a chuckle as Derek gave his uncle a sarcastic smile and shook my head.

"As entertaining as that would be, I don't experiment anymore. Moving on, are we going to stand here making idle chitchat or get onto business?" Derek turned to me and nodded before giving Peter a look.

"This is family related, I have every right to be here."

"You lost that right when you killed Laura." Oh bloody hell.

"You're still on that?! I explained myself to you! I apologise! I'm sorry!"

"That's not-"

"Right! I came here to avoid my own bloody family drama, I didn't come here watch you two bicker like an old married couple. Peter, either leave and distract yourself or sit down and shut up. Derek would you be so kind as to invite me in?"

I snapped at them, not wanting to either be put in the middle or have to watch them get into a massive squabble.

"You have to be invited in?" I nodded with a small appreciative look on my face, happy to be talking and not snapping or yelling.

"You may have bought the entire building, but the rules are similar to that of a hotel, I can enter the building whenever I please. The difference is I have to be invited into a room or loft, otherwise I cannot enter." They looked bewildered and I sighed. "The rules are stupid, but they're unfortunately rules I have to obey, can you just-"

"Right, uh...come in?" I tested it by putting my right foot through the door way and smiled before entering the loft completely.

"Now about that request I told you to hold out on..."

***

After having that conversation, I had made my way home and relaxed on the couch watching a cooking show. I was halfway through it before my phone rang and I sighed in annoyance.

"What? I've had-"

"Kol, I need you're help." I raised an eyebrow as Stiles cut me off and hung up.

"Damn curiosity..." I muttered as I rushed off to Scott's house assuming they were there based on past problems. When I got there I was jumped and nearly tackled to ground, I growled before shoving the wolf off me and immediately shoving him against the wall.

"Get off me!"

"Control yourself wolf boy, I don't think your family'd be very happy if I sent you back in a bodybag." His eyes widened and now looked like he was scared and about to cry. "Better...now how about you tell me why you were acting like a chicken with it's head cut off?"

"Who are you?" I sighed.

"I'm gonna let you go, I'd highly recommend you to not try anything till we're done here, got it?" He nodded and I stepped away he stayed where he was, good.

"Who are you? What are you?" I grinned at the question.

"Kol Mikaelson, Original Vampire." I said with confidence. "Now, what happened that made you run out like a puppy with it's tale between it's legs?"

"I bit him."

"Go home, ki-"

"Liam."

"Go." He ran away, and I let out a growl.

"You did what?!" Scott jumped and stepped backwards.

"I was on the roof, trying to save his life, but this guy with no mouth made me let him go, so I bit him."

"Then he kidnapped him and brought him here."

"I can't leave you alone for one day, before you get into trouble."

"I panicked." I sighed before looking at him.

"Guy with no mouth?" Scott nodded.

"Yeah, he had an ax and he pressed buttons on this device, and it spoke for him." I frowned and started pacing, he doesn't sound supernatural, he could just be a serial killer.

"Who was he after?"

"The Cannibal that was trying to kill Liam." May not be supernatural, he definitely hunts them.

"And he tried to stop you from saving Liam?"

"No, actually he helped Scott save Liam." Stiles spoke up and I frowned, strange, I've never heard of him in my life, granted I spent over a century in a box, soo.

"So, what do we do?"

"Nothing, he's a serial killer with an axe, sounds like something the sheriff can handle. Go home, Stiles." I said and sped back home.