🎀 Shadow + Rouge | In Wonder 🎀

Bruh… send me to horny jail. Kind of ends abruptly, but eh. Wasn't aboutta deadass write another lemon. Lmao
Pic is an edit of some Sonic X screenshots 😤
Word Count: 1393
_________________________________________________________________

It's no surprise Shadow and Rouge are in a relationship. She's one of the few people who understands him and has stood by him through it all. There's a certain trust between them you can't hope to rival, yet you still find yourself stewing over it at times, but you can never tell who you're more jealous of.

More often than not, you wish you were Rouge. You wish you were the one Shadow speaks softly to in dark rooms or discreetly offers affection to when he thinks no one is looking. Sometimes, though, you find yourself envious of Shadow, though you can't seem to pinpoint why. Of course, there's the obvious: who wouldn't want to be Rouge's lover? She's incredibly attractive, extremely intelligent, and absolutely refined. She can also be very sweet when she wants to be, despite what her outward appearances might suggest. The first time she helped you out simply because she could, you felt a little tingly; she's oddly good at making people feel that way.

But if that's just how she makes people feel, why are you sometimes sour with Shadow when he's the one you want? You sigh, propping your head up on a hand, elbow on the arm of the couch. Shadow's ear flicks, ruby gaze landing on you. Rouge pauses, too, in the doorway to the next room over. One of her large ears swivels slightly to hear you better. The only person whose attention isn't on you is Omega, but that's purely because he's in the kitchen doing the dishes. He was fully waterproofed a few months back, and since then, he's insisted upon doing even more of the cleaning. Seeing a killer robot with a feather duster will never not be funny.

"Something on your mind?" Shadow asks flatly.

"Oh, just thinking about relationships." You cross one leg over the other, moving your hands to your lap and leaning back casually. He quirks a brow, seemingly intrigued. Rouge stops leaning on the doorway, fully turning her attention to you.

"Are you uncomfortable being...single?" Shadow tilts his head as if to read you better. You shrug.

"No, I'm fine with that. Sorta. It's just that there's someone I've had my eye on, but they're not quite available anymore, so to speak." You uncross your legs again and lean forward, feeling fidgety. Shadow doesn't normally talk about this sort of thing, so you're totally going to milk this conversation for all it's worth. "And they're definitely not splitting up any time soon, so I'm kind of outta luck."

"I see." He pauses, thinking. "Do you regret not making a move?" He seems uncharacteristically interested in this. Invested, even. Then again, maybe he's some sort of hopeless romantic or something, and you simply never knew.

"I was late to the party, anyway." You shrug. Cogs in his head seem to turn, and he looks to Rouge.

"Rouge. There's something we need to discuss." He gestures to his room, and she obediently follows, a smug look on her face. What's up with them? Oh well. Doesn't matter to you, anyway.

...Right?

You'd be lying if you said you aren't interested in his abrupt interest in your conversation and equally random escape from it. Plus, Rouge seems to know something you don't. Though, she always does. That's just the way she is, being a spy and all.

You sigh again, using your free hand to trace misshapen circles on the unoccupied cushion beside you. You suppose you must appear rather melancholy as if lamenting your relationship status. It's oddly humorous — you used to be completely comfortable being single, but once you met Shadow, you fell in too deep. And then Rouge? It was over for you before it even began.