Chapter Two: Lunch

Three more classes pass by and lunch has just started, the lunchroom is filled with noise as they're excited for the school party happening next week, you're required to have a person with you, which is why Ty isn't going.
Ty's stomach starts to growl deeply, it felt good but he was debating if he should get food or not, so he decided to go outside and take a whiff of fresh air.
Everyone outside would either play sports or sat at tables to talk.
But then Ty found the girl from earlier, the new kid in his homeroom, she was sitting right next to a tree, patting her stomach.
Ty went up to her.
"Hey"
"Oh! Um.. uh"
"I kinda saw you up here, sitting by yourself, next to this tree"
They were both blushing but none of them saw each other's faces
"I'll just go, if you don't want me he-"
"Wait!" she said in a soft voice
Ty stopped and turned around to look at her again.
"Your that kid, who I sat next to in homeroom"
"Yeah, yeah I guess I am"
"Your probably wondering why I sat next to you right?"
"I mean, yeah sure"
"Well, oh uh, ummm, I uh"
The girl spoke in studders trying to find the right words
"See, when I came into the room, everyone looked so, so scary and well you looked like the friendliest person there so"
She stopped, her face pink red with embarrassment.
Suddenly, a couple of kids who looked mean came up to them.
"So Ty finally found a girlfriend huh s'bout time you got one" spoke the kid in front
The girl next to the tree blushed heavily, Ty also blushed, but the other kids didn't seem to notice.
"Back off Leroy, she's just a new kid, I'm just, showing her the ropes" replied Ty
"Huh! Back off? I'd oughta teach you a lesson boy!" said Leroy
"No, wait!"
The girl next to the tree spoke, but that wasn't enough.
Leroy kicked Ty in the leg causing him to trip, they then held him in a choke hold so that the two other kids could give him scars and bruises
"Listen close you two!" Leroy spoke to Ty and the girl
"I'm going to beat Ty up to the point where he's going to the hospital"
"After he's out of the way, I'm going after you" he pointed at the girl
"We're going to beat you up until your innocent face has been wiped off"
"No!"
Everyone here looked at Ty
"No I, I can't let you do that, beating up a sweet, defenseless girl for what reason?!
Suddenly, Ty broke free, he punched Leroy in the face and tripped the other kids.
"Come on let's go!" said Ty the the girl
Ty grabbed the girl's arm and they both ran out of there
"TY!!! YOUR DEAD YOU HEAR, YOU'LL PAY!"
yelled Leroy
Both the girl and Ty ran for as long as they could until they made it to the local neighborhood next to the school.
"Alright come on, school just ended, just follow me, we gotta get somewhere safe"
Ty told the girl.
The girl looked scared and frightened
"Don't worry, we can get there together, safely" Ty said to the girl
And while they were walking, the girl's created an admiration for Ty and for the first time in her life, she smiled.