02. 𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉

{ reputation, 02 — haunted season one — episode one }

season one — episode one }

Lizzie would've loved to say that Liam's funeral was a beautiful ceremony; but that would be a lie. There was nothing beautiful about burying your brother, your best friend, your other half. The whole town attended, even people who had never exchange a word with the boy, but it's not like Elizabeth noticed. Her mother and her sat by themselves in the pew, the now only teen Howard couldn't even pay attention to what the priest was saying.

The hugs and sympathetic looks came once the ceremony ended, alongside the I'm sorry for your loss from people the Howards had never met before. Lizzie was tired, she just wanted to go home and curl up on her bed, and never leave it.  As Emma Howard kept talking with all the people who came to gave her their condolences, Lizzie walked out of the church, needing to take some air, as she felt like she was drowning. A dark blond boy with a pair of light blue eyes spotted the young Howard leaving and quickly ran after her.

"Lizzie, wait" he called for his best friend once they were out. Hearing the boy calling her name, the blonde girl stopped walking and turned to see Steve Wilson catching up with her.

"Steve, hey" she replied, clearly distracted "I didn't know you were here"

"Of course I'm here" he assured, aiming to hug her, but she took a step back.

"Please don't hug me, because then I'll start crying again, and I really can't cry anymore. I'm exhausted" she pleaded, and the boy understood. The two of them walked to a bench nearby and sat there. None said anything, Steve didn't need to say anything, his presence alone comforted the girl. Steve Wilson and Lizzie Howard met about six years ago, when the Wilsons moved to Rosewood, and although it took Lizzie a while to grow fond of the boy, they've been inseparable ever since.

"My dad didn't come" Lizzie let out, breaking the silence, without any kind of emotion on her voice "He didn't even call. It's his son's funeral, and he didn't show up"

"I'm sorry" was the only thing he could say, putting his hand on her leg in an attept of comfort his friend "Today you need to be around people who love you. I'm here, your mom is here, and we are not leaving" he assured. Lizzie rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for being here"

"Always"

···

Still in her black attire from that morning, Elizabeth Howard walked in the church. This time, it was Alison Dilaurentis' picture the one at the end of the aisle. She debated for a long time whether she should go to her funeral or not, but at the end she went. She figured Liam would of wanted her there, and she needed closure from the Dilaurentis' girl as well. She was determined to stay unnoticed, sit in the back, but Jessica Dilaurentis intercepted her and called for her and asked her to sit in the front with the rest of the girls, as she assured that since she was Liam's sister, that was what Alison would've wanted.