03. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌

{ reputation, 03 — the Jenna thing season one — episode two }

season one — episode two }

"Head trauma, that's what the police said that killed him" Elizabeth Howard informed, blankly staring at her kitchen wall "They said he died instantly"

"At least he didn't suffer" her best friend Steve Wilson answered in a low voice, in a attempt of giving his friend a bit of comfort, but nothing he said could give her that "Why don't you stay home today? I'm sure you and your mom could use each other's company"

"My mom can't look at me without crying" Lizzie shook her head, looking at her still full cup of coffee that Steve had made her earlier and the untouched toasts lying on a plate "And if I stay home listening to the news I'm going to end up sicker than I already feel"

Her dirty blonde friend just nodded in understanding, willing to be by her side as support.

The pair walked to school briefly after that conversation, and Lizzie could feel all eyes on her, looking at the blonde teenager with pity. Everyone had their own theories about what happened to the young couple that disappeared one year ago, and they were not shy to whisper about them in front of the people who actually knew Liam and Alison. The urge of screaming at all the curious and judging eyes was rising inside Elizabeth's body, but she controlled herself, not wanting to give Rosewood's citizens another reason to keep her name in their mouths. Steve noticed all the looks sent in their direction, and held Lizzie's hand, squeezing it; letting her know that she wasn't alone. He was by her side, always.

Not long after, the Howard girl and the Wilson boy arrived to school, where students weren't any different to the adults on the street, not even trying to hide that they were talking about Alison and Liam.

"I wanna punch them really, really hard" she muttered to Steve, as she tightened her grip on his hand.

"I'll help you" he assured, sending a bad glance to everyone who was looking at his friend. As Lizzie and Steve walked to their respective lockers, which were next to each other, the blonde girl saw a known tall brunette girl staring at her with her eyes narrowed. As soon as Lizzie made eye contact with Spencer Hastings from across the hall, the taller girl closed her locker and walked away, getting together with her other three friends.

"What was that about?" Steve wondered, confused.

"I have no idea" she replied, more to herself than to her friend, as she kept staring at the brunette girl who was now with her back to the blonde.

"Will the following students please come to the office" a male voice was heard from the speakers "Emily Fields, Aria Montgomery, Elizabeth Howard, Spencer Hastings, and Hanna Marin"

Lizzie exchanged a quick look with her friend, just to look the group of four girls who were walking towards her right after.

"I'll see you later" Steve Wilson said to his friend once the girls were there, his eyes lingering on the shorter brunette for a split of seconds.