➴ Chapter 10 ➴

After dinner, dessert was served. Penelope was a eating strawberry shortcake, Peniel was sipping on black coffee while Sterling was eating a kiwi tart.

Penelope happily ate her strawberry shortcake and asked for a 8th serving which she got, of course.

"Brother, do you want some?" Penelope asked with a bright smile as she held up a small amount on her fork.

"No." Sterling said.

"Aww, come on brother!!!"

"Fine." Sterling muttered as he opened his mouth to eat the piece of cake.

"Yay!!! Is it good?" Penelope asked.

Sterling nodded before getting up from the table.

"Where are you going brother?"

"I'm tired sister. Have a safe journey back home, Peniel and Penelope." With that, Sterling left the room.

Jax, who was silently standing in the corner of the room, glared at Penelope before leaving the dinning room to follow his Master.

"What's wrong with him?" Penelope asked in confusion.

Penelope heard the sound of glass breaking. She looked over to Peniel's side to find out that he broke his cup, hot coffee pouring onto his exposed hand.

"Are you okay brother?" Penelope asked in worry as she grabbed Peniel's hand.

Peniel smacked her hand away.

"B-b-brother?"

"Sterling has a deadly allergy to strawberries Penelope. I've already told you countless times, when will you ever remember this fact? Especially since I've told you this last week when you tried to gift Sterling your homemade strawberry shortcake in front of the entire school!!! I know that you are not that stupid. I can't help but wonder if you are simply doing this on purpose!!!!" Peniel growled as he stormed out the dinning room.

Tears welled up in Penelope's eyes.

"Why is he being so mean to me?" Penelope cried as tears streamed down her delicate face.