03

"Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real."
                    —Cormac McCarthy

School feels like a plague I'm not even joking every single person I walked past either greeted me, gave me a dirty look or whispered behind my back, saying that I'm a whore.

I spent the rest of my weekend watching movies or practicing Pacman my eaJ on my piano. I even turned my phone off, my anxiety got bad when I opened my instagram. I got dozens of messages including death threats. From people all over cali it feels like. I turned my account private and turned my notifications off. One hand I feel stupid reading and overthinking it.

I am the problem. I am the problem. I am the problem.

Repeating in my head makes me want to bang my head on the wall. It's annoying. All those messages of, I don't know 100 people wasting their time writing paragraphs. Just because they're jealous or mean acting as if I'm about to marry this dude. Go on ladies don't fight with me about a guy I don't even want.

I hate when people create stories and then judge a person based on it. All because of one night dancing with a stranger, everyone is obsessed with it. Even my own mom asked me a lot of questions the next morning about how the party went.

In the hallways, classmates I never talked to before greeted me on Monday. Today is Thursday. It's strange. And now I'm sitting in my Math class waiting for the bell to ring so I can go to lunch.

Almost every Thursday afternoon I go to my basketball practice. I started playing basketball at the age of 10 with my brother. Lucas didn't enjoy it much, he always complained about me winning. Since my accident three years ago when I broke my leg I stopped playing basketball for almost two years.

At the end of May we will find out if our team is joining the state tournament unfortunately some seniors won't be there at the end. Our highest chance to show the team is when we make it to the states tournament. I get out of class on my way to my locker where I store all the books for today to get them out later.
I make my way to the entrance of the school and walk over to the parking lot.

The weather was beautiful today, the sun shining. Some students were outside smoking or talking. This morning I parked my car near a few trees since it's been quite warm since last week. I got in my car to get my lunch for today. Chicken Alfredo pasta, my favourite.

Finishing my lunch I get out of the car with my bag on my way to the changing room. I changed into my sports clothes. At this time a few girls would be actually here. I go outside to the field. Empty. I get my phone out of my pocket.

I check out the messages in our group chat. If feel so fucking stupid about forgetting, today is no practice. Since Mrs Russo is on maternity break.

"Looks like you missed practice, Mia cara." A familiar voice says behind me.
I turn around and Blake stands in front of me. He looks different today, he still has school uniform on. He is wearing white polo shirt and in black trousers. His hair is gelled back and a few curls fall onto his forehead. He looks really handsome.

"You staring at me makes it awkward but it's cute how you smile at me. Anyways since it seems like you don't have any practice, are you looking forward to joining me drinking at a café?"

I have nothing to do and a coffee sounds good right now so why not. "Sure, meet me in 10 min at the entrance of the school." He observed me one more time before he made his way back to the school. I go into the changing and changing into my daily outfit. I grab my backpack and take out my bottle of water.

On my way I noticed a small group surrounding him. I let a sight out before I open the door. Blake's gaze falls to me, he flashes me smiling a smile.

"We are heading out, it was nice getting to know y'all." I heard Blake say as  I started walking towards the park lot. I don't want to stand there awkwardly.

"Hey, hey wait for me." He stops me by holding my shoulder, I turn and look up to him. He came closer to me before I said anything. Why am I getting nervous? My body started heating up."Your keys fell out of the pocket."  Giggles came from students behind us.
"Thank you."