Warming Up (Chapter Four)

You woke up to the sound of machinery. You were lying in the Breaker Room. You didn't remember going in there last night. You were next to the breaker control box, surrounded by a bunch of cables that were hanging from the ceiling. You sat up and a poster of Funtime Foxy slid off your arm.

You took out your phone and looked at the time: it was 8:56 AM. You stood up and walked towards the door. You opened the door some and peeked out into the Ballora Gallery. Ballora was on a platform, being lifted up into a small hole in the ceiling. You opened the door and ran to the stage.

"Hello! Can anybody hear me?" you yelled out.

You waited for a response, your heart pounding. Ballora was lifted up and the hole started to close.

"No, wait! Please! You have to help me!" Your eyes watered, starting to become scared again.

You ran and crawled into the Primary Control Module--going through the vent towards the elevator--as fast as you could. You stood up in the small space between the doors and the vent. You pounded on the doors.

"SOMEBODY! HELP!"

You tried to pry the doors open, but they wouldn't budge. The grate under your feet groaned. You pounded on the door; tears were gushing down your face. You dropped to your knees, giving the door a couple last pounds, before giving up. You shook as you breathed heavily. You ignored your hands as they throbbed with pain. You wept quietly, before getting an idea.

You crawled through the vents and ran into the Breaker Room. You skidded to a halt as you reached your bag. You dropped to your knees and grabbed your phone. Dialing your parents' number, you waited impatiently for them to answer.

"Come on, pick up, pick up," you said shakily.

"Hello?"

"MOM!"

"There's no need to yell. You're going to bust my eardrums," she grunted.

"Mom, you have to help me! They've trapped me down here. I-I need help!"

"You got help? Are you talking about college? Well, that's good, honey."

"No! Mom, I need help!" you said frantically.

"I'm sorry, dear, I can't quite understand you. You're cutting off."

"I'm trapped at Circus Baby's Rentals and Entertainment!" The line went silent. "Hello? Hello!" You looked at your phone, and it said that you disconnected. "God, damn it!"

You lay down and tucked your knees into your chest, crying softly. Something tugged at your hair, and you looked up. Bon-Bon lay next to you, and Freddy was standing in front of you. Bon-Bon nudged your head. You sat up , and the animatronic lay on your lap, Freddy sitting on the floor in front of you.

"I know y-you don't want to-to be here. B-but, we need you," he said; his voice stayed the usual pitch, and he sounded as if he thought you knew what he meant.

"Why? Why do you need me?" You looked up at the bear.

"We need you to he-help us become like you."

"What do you mean?" You sniffed.

"We need you to-to get us bodies. Li-like yours."

"Why do you need bodies?" You became curious.

"So we ca-can leave. So we can hide. We do-don't want to hurt any-anyone, I swear. It's lonely, and boring down here."

You started to feel pity for the animatronics. You figured they meant well. Bon-Bon looked up at you, and you looked at the both of them.

"Will you help us?" Freddy looked into your eyes.

"I suppose," you said, scratching the back of your neck.

"Oh, yay! Did you hear that, Bo-Bon-Bon, he said he's gonna help us!" Freddy cheered, his ears shaking.

You looked down at Bon-Bon, who was looking up at you. You carefully patted his head, and his ears fell back as his eyes closed. Freddy picked you up by your shoulder and spun you around. Bon-Bon fell from your lap, face-first onto the floor.

"Hey!" he squeaked.

You laughed as he set you down, rubbing your shoulder, as it was still a bit sore. Freddy giggled at his accomplishment of cheering you up.

"But I can't stay down here the whole time."

"Wh-Why's that?"

"I'll starve," you said.

"Oh, right. We-well, we can think of-of something!"

~ ~ ~ ~

You, Freddy, and Bon-Bon, sat in the Breaker Room, listening as they moved Ballora into her gallery. It was around 7 PM. You'd been listening to your music and playing on your phone for the past ten hours. Freddy and Bon-Bon had been watching you. Luckily, there was a circuit in the wall that you were able to plug your phone up to keep it from dying.

A few minutes passed and the halls got quiet. Suddenly, music started to play. You peeked out the door and saw Ballora dancing around. You motioned for Freddy, who followed you out.

"Hello," Ballora said as she spun past you.

"Um, hi."

"No nee-need to be shy!" Freddy said to you, putting a hand on your shoulder.

You smiled up at Freddy. Foxy stepped out from the vent and shook his tail. He looked at you and winked. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Baby standing in the shadows. Your eyelids started to become heavy.

"So, what do you guys do around here?"

"I usually dance, Baby and Foxy are usually plotting, and Freddy talks to his puppet," Ballora said as she gracefully danced across the floor.

"Oh, okay," you said, yawning slightly.

"We've not got around to it, but, what is your name?" Ballora spoke.

"My name is (Y/N)."

"What a lovely name. And you already know all of ours, yes?" Ballora said.

"Yes."

"Oh, (Y/N) said he'll help us, but he will nee-need a few things!" Freddy said.

"And what is that?" Baby said.

"Just the essentials: some clothing, food, water. I'll also need to take a shower every other day," you said.

"There are showers in the bathrooms upstairs," Foxy said.

"Oh, okay." You yawned and rubbed your eyes.

"Awww, looks like someone's sleepy," Bon-Bon said, giggling.

You looked at the puppet with an eyebrow raised, then sighed. "Yeah. I guess I'm gonna go to sleep."

You walked into the Breaker Room and sat down where you woke up. Freddy walked in and watched you. You were about to lie down, when you thought of something.

"Hey, Freddy?"

"Y-Yeah?" he said.

"How did I get in here this morning?" you asked.

"Well, I carried you in here," Freddy laughed.

"Did you also put the poster on me?"

"Yeah. You were shi-shivering, and I thought it-it might've helped."

You smiled and looked up at the bear. "Thank you."

"Oh. Well, it wa-was no problem, really," he said.

His ears twitched and his eyes faintly glowed pink. Bon-Bon looked up at Freddy and giggled.

"Well, goodnight, Bon-Bon. Goodnight, Freddy," you yawned, resting your head on your bag and falling asleep.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)," Freddy said.

Photo was by CyanGlitch on DeviantArt