4| 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭."
-ˋˏ ༻✧𓆩♡𓆪✧༺ ˎˊ-

SADIE WAS WALKING IN between Buck and Eddie, both of the men acting like a barricade to the girl as they carefully rummaged through the unstable building. She huffed, her irritation increasing as she knew the two taller men were sharing worried glances her way, evidently seeing the frustration in her face.

"Guys stop staring, it's rude," Sadie muttered tiredly, gripping the tarnished poles to prevent herself from tripping over the crumbling debris. The boys instantly retracted their heads back to their main focus of finding any survivors.

Eddie was smart enough to keep his mouth shut, however, Buck merely thought the opposite.

"Sadie, you haven't acted like this ever since that son of a bitch—." Buck paused and inhaled a sharp breath. "Seriously, Sadie, what is up with you?" Buck implored, annoyance starting to rise in his voice. Evan Buckley always had a soft spot for his family, but it was Saturn Strand who he thought he was the closest to biologically.

Sadie was always there for him and he was there for her, which is why he is ceaselessly questioning her. Sadie was considerably the most loquacious person in the 118 and seeing her worry or having a thunderstorm hovering over her head, thunder roaring in her ears was daunting and worrisome.

"You're never going to drop this, are you, Buckley?" Sadie asked, not looking down into his eyes.

"I'm Buck, of course not." Sadie shook her head at Buck's antics and continued to weave through the debris while talking.

"It's my brother. H-He did something he promised me he wouldn't do again and it nearly cost him his life," Sadie muttered, attempting to make her explanation as brief as possible. Buck gave her a glance of sympathy until the trio heard voices on the other side of the door.

Multiple calls for 'help' were faintly being heard and once they pried the door open, Sadie was the first one to reel herself down to the steeping room. Cautiously making her way to the people, Sadie nearly tripped and stumbled on her feet, but remembered that she was harnessed to a rope.

"You okay, Sadie?" Eddie asked, his eyes securely focused on the girl.

"Yeah, hand me the rope." Eddie tossed her the rope and she steadily made her way to the man who was laying on a thin film of glass, hovering miles high above the city.

"First date?" Buck asked, making his way towards Ali.

"Yeah, God, he wishes. Amazingly, that sweaty, fat, pock-marked pig is married with five kids. Didn't stop him from asking me to shower with him."

"Gross," Sadie whispered to herself, her nose scrunching up with disgust.

"Man, have you not watched the news at all over the past year?"