5| 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐌𝐄

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲."
-ˋˏ ༻✧𓆩♡𓆪✧༺ ˎˊ-  

SADIE WAS WALKING WITH HER signature smile, tightly gripping the plastic ziplock bag of her cookies that lay in her hand. She popped a piece of the cookie in her mouth while walking upstairs to greet the rest of her family.

But just as she reached the top of the stairs, Sadie felt someone snatch her beloved cookies out of her hands and she shot a piercing glare toward the perpetrator. When Sadie saw a familiar blonde figure, it seemed that her anger heightened. 

"Woah, these cookies look delicious. Thanks, Sades!" Buck teased with a tone he knew would instantly aggravate his sister figure.

"Evan, you son of a—"

"Language!" Bobby yelled all the way from the kitchen, feeling like he aged another day from the reckless behavior of the younger firefighters of the 118. At that same moment, Hen and Chimney walked onto the second floor, smiling at the sight of the usual chaos that happens every day.

"Are the siblings getting at it again? Actually, don't answer that; I'm think we all know the answer," Chimney muttered, walking to the kitchen alongside Hen, while Buck and Sadie continued to chase each other for the chocolate cookies.

Sadie's stampeding footsteps were unduly focused on Buck, she didn't even realize there was a person walking towards her way. Nearly collapsing on top of him, luckily he grasped her in time before he could tumble over.

"Woah, slow down there, Sonic. What was that about?" Eddie snickered, his hands still wrapped around Sadie's waist. The girl huffed out a dry laugh, looking up at Eddie's face. 

"Evan here, though it was a wonderful idea to steal my cookies. Now, I am officially cookieless for the day." Sadie finally noticed the way how Eddie was grasping her arms and she couldn't help but feel her cheeks burn from his touch.

"Ah, well luckily for you, my son and I made cookies last night and I so happened to bring them to work today." Eddie went inside his duffle bag and pulled out a plastic pouch, which had a note on it, written in a magenta-colored Sharpie.

Have a good day, Dad. I love you. Sadie smiled at the adorable note that was written in a child's handwriting and she could only assume that letter belonged to Christopher. 

"Oh my god, I love you," Sadie murmured softly. Now it was Eddie's turn for his cheeks to burn, him attempting to prevent his lips from curling into a smile. He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, not sure what to say.

"I...I mean...uh..."

"I was talking to the cookies, Eddie," Sadie smirked, seeing the conspicuous embarrassment on his face. "But seriously though, I appreciate the cookies, thank you." 

Leaving a dumbfounded Eddie downstairs, Sadie walked her way back up to the second floor of the house, but before she could get far, her phone buzzed incessantly, indicating she received multiple text messages. She tilted her head in curiosity before swiping on the text from the unknown number.