1 - The Past

-50 years later-

Reaper had just finished slaying another unfair ruler. This time it was King Forcen of the planet Horphy. He sighed. Only if rulers were not selfish and unfair, he would have an easier life. But, alas, that's not the case. He decided to visit Diagon again and was walking towards the queen's palace. Some of the elder citizens pointed him out to the younger ones and looked at him in awe. He reached the entrance and was stopped by a guard.

"I'm sorry, but the palace is not for tourists." The guard proclaimed.

He chuckled, "I am not a tourist, just a great friend with Queen Nova."

"And what's your name?" The guard snarled.

"I go by Reaper, Assassin of Shadows" Reaper grinned as he told him.

The guard stumbled back, obviously frightened of him. "I-I- I'm s-sorry L-Lord R-Re-Reaper you m-may p-pass." 

He chuckled once again. "No, you're completely fine. It's good that you were cautious." Reaper then entered the palace and spotted Nova reading a book. He crept up behind her, careful to not alert her of his presence. "Boo."

"AAAAAAGH" She screamed and fell out of her chair. "Don't do that ever again!" Nova said before smacking him. They both started laughing hysterically, rolling on the floor. But Reaper's face then turned serious.

"Nova, can you keep a secret?" Reaper asked.

"Yeah?" The queen was pretty confused at Reaper's sudden change of mood.

He paused before saying, "Great."

TIME SKIP

Reaper and Nova were in the queen's private quarters.

"What secret did you wish to tell me, Reaper?" She asked seriously.

"Well, Nova, I think of you as my little sister. And" He paused, "I think it's right for you to know my identity and past." She gasped.

"Don't worry, Reaper, you can trust me with anything." Nova reassured, placing her hand on my lap.

"Well, everyone knows me as Reaper, Assassin of Shadows. But a long time ago, I was known as Percy Jackson, Retriever of Zeus's Master Bolt, Slayer of the Minotaur, Defeater of Ares, Survivor of the Sea of Monsters, Holder of the Sky, Explorer of the Labyrinth, Bane of Kronos, Hero of Olympus, Bane of Polybotes, Survivor of Tartarus, One of the Seven, Two-Time Savior of Olympus."

"Wait, wait. You mean, the Percy Jackson?" Reaper nodded, unsure of what she was going to say. "Oh my gosh, you're so famous! You're in like every history book!"

"We're getting off-task. Do you want me to tell you my past or not?" 

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

"Well, alright." I sighed. "This is how it went."

Flashback

Percy was walking on the beach, waiting for Annabeth to arrive from Olympus. She should be here in a few hours. All of a sudden, Percy saw a boy around 18 trying to defend himself from Percy's old friend, the Minotaur. Percy immediately uncapped Riptide and charged the Minotaur. The Minotaur growled and charged Percy. Big mistake. Percy did a front flip over the Minotaur and stabbed it mid-flip. Soon after, what was left of the Minotaur was a pile of gold dust. Percy looked over at the new demigod who apparently fainted sometime when Percy was fighting and saw that he was sporting a few cuts. He sighed and carried him to the infirmary.

Time Skip

It was lunch and Percy was at the dining pavilion, eating dinner. He saw Annabeth run up to him.

"Hey, how's your day been?" She asked.

"It's been fine, how's the new kid?" He asked.

"Oh, turns out he's a son of Zeus. His name's Matthew. Great kid."

"That's good to hear. I'm going to go talk to him." He said before kissing Annabeth.

"See you, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said.

He walked up to Matthew at the Zeus table. "Hey, what's up?"

"Is this the supposed 'Hero of Olympus'? You're a stick! Where're your abs?" He said and pulled up his shirt to reveal a 2-pack. Wow, so strong. Didn't even know that was possible.

"Uh, right here?" Percy said, lifting up his shirt to reveal a 6-pack. 

"Well, abs don't matter. I can still beat you in a duel." He announced.

"Um, you just said that abs mattered. Whatever, we can duel." Percy said. "Meet me at the arena at 7:00 PM." He couldn't wait to make a fool out of this disrespectful kid. This is how he's treated after saving his life! He just didn't get it.

Another Time Skip

They were at the arena. Apparently, Matthew spread the news of the duel, and wanted everyone to see him lose because the whole camp and even some of the Olympians gathered around the arena.

"Are you sure you want this?" Percy asked. He didn't know why Matthew would act like this. He seemed like a good-hearted kid.

"Are you sure you want to be embarrassed and defeated by me, the true Hero of Olympus."

"Whatever. Let's start." The crowd watched with anticipation for the duel to begin. Percy waited for Matthew to make the first move. He was using a way too heavy celestial bronze sword.

"Um, do you want to get a more balanced sword?" His sword was so heavy, I felt bad for the guy.

"What, is the little itsy-bitsy Hero of Olympus trying to cheat?" Percy mentally facepalmed. This guy was pretty stupid. Guess he inherited some things from his dad (No offense Zeus if you're peering into my memories or something... who knows what you gods are up to?).

Matthew charged Percy, which was, by the way, a really stupid first move. Percy easily sidestepped and disarmed him using a technique Luke taught him.

He pointed Riptide at Matthew's throat. "Yield."

Matthew whispered so only Percy could hear. "Hope you enjoy your trial." And just like that, he turned a little and fell into Riptide so it wouldn't fatally injure him. The whole crowd was shocked and gasped. "Help! Percy stabbed me!" He flashed a devilish smile at me.

And that's where my life basically turned upside down.

Hi, I rushed that chapter, I was running out of time, and I wanted to finish the chapter today so I kind of cut it short. Don't worry, there'll be more of Percy's past in the next chapter! Well, hope you guys liked chapter 1. I'll probably update tomorrow or the day after that. Some quick statistics for myself:

Published: April 4, 2022

Words: 1031 (I'll try to get more in the next chapter)