part twenty four: wide awake

"I love you?" "I love you?!" "I love you?!?"

I was wide awake now, I laid there frozen not sure what to do. Do I sleep? Do I say it back? I wanted to hit myself on the head but then Niki would know I'm awake.

I couldn't help but feel comforted at his arms around my waist.

I eventually fell asleep but my thoughts kept waking me up, until I woke up to annoying traffic noises and knew it was morning.

I sigh annoyed and get up, until I remember Niki is here and freeze for a second when I hear him laughing.

I give him a quick glare.

"For someone who eats fruit loops everyday you should be more cheerful in the morning."

"I do not eat fruit loops everyday!" I argue.

"Kidding." He says in defense while throwing his hands up.

He gets up and walks past me and ruffles my hair.

"Want to pick out my outfit today?" He says while smiling at me.

With that, I quickly walk over to my closet.

"Just don't make me look like a leprechaun!" He says quickly.

I ignore him and throw him an oversized red sweater vest and baggy jeans with a pearl necklace.

He stares at it for a second like there's a bug on it.

"Come on..  you would look good in it." I say.

I then pick out a baggy new york crewneck and sweatpants and change into it.

I walk out to see him in the outfit I picked out and can't help but fawn over him.

He stands there awkwardly.

"Come on,you look great!" I say while grabbing his hand and walking him downstairs with me.

We're about to leave when he says,

"Don't forget your fruit loops!"

"Enough!" I say.

We walk out the door as he laughs to himself.

As I sit there in first period I notice a girl that keeps glancing over at me but I don't think anything of it.

"Alright class, we will be doing a partner project so please choose wisely." My teacher says while almost regretting her words.

I see the same girl from before start walking up to me.

Please no. Please. Please. Please.

I can't help but hope she doesn't ask because I have a very hard time at saying no to people I barley know.

I see her fidgeting with her fingers as she's about to speak to me.

"Hey, I was... just uhm-"

"Hey Niki!" I loud voice says to me.

I turn around to see Jake as he latches his arm around mine.

"Partners?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

I look over to see the girls face go bright red and can't help but feeling bad.