02

Soojin POV:

"Smile!" The woman from a distance whispered to Mark.......flash! I watch and wait for Marks photo to finish.

"Thank you, Miss!" Mark yelled from a distance. I look back to see that he was running towards me with a big smile on his face. He catches my attention. I can't stop looking at him..... He stops.

"Soojin, Soojin, Jinnie ?!" Mark comes running even harder to me "Yo, you alright?"

"Huh?" I come to my senses "What? Yea! Why woudn't i be?"

He puts his hand across his chest and takes a big relieveing sigh "What the hell?! You didn't look fine to me at all"

"Hey, I'm okay! Dont worry about it" He looks at me as if he doesn't believe me.

-

"Soojin, I told you many times that Chemistry is the one subject you cannot fail!" My mother yells at me from the second i sit at the dinner table. "You could get so much from doing Chemistry, why do your grades keep dropping?"

I sit in dissapointment. "Mom but how many times do i have to tell you that I don't want to conitnue Chemistry?"

"Do you even try in class? You need to take extra classes"

"uuughh Mommmm!!"

"What? I will book an appointment with Mr Callaway for you tomorrow so you better be there straight after school!" She says while grabbing the juice next to her on the dinner table. I stand up from the table and my chair slides across the floor. "Sit down" My mother warns me. I don't listen and leave. The door of my room slams shut. I lay on my bed and tears drop down from my eyes. Out of nowhere i hear a quiet voice....

"Why are you crying?" Mark comes up to me and wipes my tears away "You don't like the dumplings i made for you? Pork and cabbage, just how you like it"

Soojin cries even more but manages to say "No, Mark!! what are you even doing here? Can you please get out?"

"Hey, I'm not leaving this room until you tell me what's wrong!" He leans forward to show he's listening so I take a deep breath and let it all out....

"My mom was bugging me at the dinner table about school and it happens everytime. I'm so sick of it but she never stops.... the fact that i still don't know what i'm going to do in life scares me, Mark" Tears continue to flow down like a river "I just-" I just couldn't stop crying.

"Hey, everything's going to be okay.. K? Don't worry about it" Mark sits there staring at me and continues "I know it can get hard sometimes but you will get through it, trust me" He opens his arms wide, raises an eyebrow. I lean in and accept his hug

"Thank you, Mark. Hopefully it does turn out that way" He wipes my tears away and i feel better in his presence. I feel safe.

"I wish we could stay like this all day" I hear him whisper, I flinch i wish i could stay like this all day too. I could feel his head turn closer to me "Are you okay?"

"Yea, totally" I change the subject "So when are you leaving?" ughh that was so embarrassing!

"What? You want me gone already?" He asks, so suprised

"Mark, thank you for everything but i want to be alone right now"

"Uhhh, well if that's what you want, I'll leave" My head flinches as his presence begins to feel more distant "Oh, also i went to the convenience store after practice and bought some of your favourite starwberry milk, it wasn't even cold ! So, i left it in your fridge" He smiles and giggle