2. Illusion of choice

Kuroo got home late from work once again.
He heated up one of the meals he'd prepped earlier that week, like he did every other week.
He changed out of his work suit, one hardly different from all his others. and sat at his desk to watch kenmas new stream. It was the same thing he'd done yesterday, and last week, and last month.
His life may be a little repetitive, but it was comfortable. He was okay with it... right?
Even so, he could say with absolute certainty that today was not like every other day. Because of course. Kuroo met the heir to the L/n fortune. Mr. L/n Y/n, a surprisingly likable man considering his wealthy upbringing.

'I wonder if he uses social media.' Kuroo thought, searching your name on Instagram.
And once again a surprise to kuroo, L/n's Instagram looked no different from anyone else our age. He didn't seem like the spoiled brat that one might expect him to be.
One of Kuroo's major deficiencies was his lack of ability to think ahead. He pressed the follow button before his brain had the chance to process his actions. It wasn't until after he'd pressed the button that Kuroo thought about what he'd done.

'Is he going to think it's weird that I followed him? Maybe I should message him too?!'

Kuroo opened your messages, trying to think of a good opener.

'I gotta find something cool and smooth to say! Maybe like... do you have 11 protons? Because you're sodium fine. Nope... way too nerdy.
Are you a carbon sample? Because I wasn't to date you.
That could work!
You must be a compound of barium and baryllium because you're a total BaBe!
Yeah okay I'm just getting worse...'
_________________________

If receiving a follow request from kuroo wasn't enough to completely fluster y/n for the next century, seeing a message notification certainly did it.

@Kodzukens_mortal_enemy sent you a message

Tetsucrow: Are you a European plant
resembling a thistle, cultivated for its large flower heads? Because I'd let you
arti-choke me.

Y/n's jaw dropped the moment he read Kuroo's message. Heat rising to his cheeks and a fluttery feeling filling him.
After regaining his composure, albeit hardly. He fell into a fit of laughter, until that is, he got another message.

Tetsucrow: Okay I know that was terrible. But here's to hoping that you find it endearing enough to not block me on the spot!

Y/n couldn't help the lopsided smile that came across his face. The smile of a man experiencing the not-so-faint flicker of his first puppy love.

Aristocatboy: You're lucky that you're cute otherwise a line like that would have me running for the hills.

The man could have sworn a fire had lit in his room, his cheeks hot as he saw that kuroo read the message. A feeling which wasn't helped by Kuroo's painfully slow typing. Slow may be an exaggeration, but a watched pot never boils so to y/n it felt like years.

Tetsucrow: That is my charm, isn't it? Just cute enough to balance out the cringe.

Tetsucrow: By the way, shouldn't you be asleep? It's late.

Aristocatboy: I could say the same for you kuroo.

Tetsucrow: I suppose you're right... goodnight L/n. See you soon, I hope?

Aristocatboy: I'll see you soon Kuroo, sleep well, goodnight :)

Each message made y/n's heart race, sending fire through his veins. Y/n shut his phone off after sending the last message, holding it tightly to his chest.
Eventually the man fell asleep, still clutching his phone like his life depended on it.