Crushed into Millions of Pieces

The next day, after school George rode to the skate park with the intention of relieving his stress and anger from his mind. The more stunts George performed, he became worried he became about getting hurt. He couldn't handle it anymore. It was freaking him out. 'Maybe I'll just call it a day,' he thought to himself. Sweat dripping from his head, George sped through the busy street. The traffic mayhem was overwhelming him. He lost control of his anxious emotions. He pedalled faster and faster.

BEEEEEP!!! SCHREEEEECH!!! George got thrown off his bike, slammed down the stairs and landed on the cold hard ground with a THUD! It was like the ground swallowed him up. George's vision was a blur, he could only hear the voices of witnesses. 'Hello can you hear me? What's your mum's number?' asked a woman.

'Andy call 000!' instructed the woman. The sirens were deafening, everybody was surrounding him.'

What's your name?' requested the paramedic.

'George,' he replied with a soft breath.

'Hey George, we're going to have to lift you up onto a stretcher,' the paramedic uttered cautiously.

'You ready?'

George found the courage to nod. The pain was agonising, he started screaming. Tears were running down the poor child's face. He fell unconscious from the pain. He was in a critical state.

When George arrived at the hospital, his first image was that of his saw his mum's relieved face.

'Hey honey, how are you feeling?' George was feeling weak and managed to respond that he was grateful for being alive.

'Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do wrong in this world? Now I may never ride again!' George wept. The doctor walked up slowly to the bed and said softly to George's mum.

'I'm sorry to say but sadly George will never walk again,' George's mum was heartbroken. She walked back to his room. 'Mum what's the matter?' George asked anxiously.

'The doctor told me that you will struggle to walk again,' George's mum cried.

'Nooooo!!! I will never except that!' George exclaimed.

'I will walk again you'll see and no one can stop me!' George continued.

Later that night George was dreaming of old, beautiful memories of the times where he was riding his BMX and when he first got it he was jumping for joy. BEEEEEP!!! SCHREEEEECH!!! OOOOWWWW!!! 'AAAAAAHHHHH!!!' George woke bursting into tears. The next morning was George's first rehab session he was very nervous that he was going to fall again.

'Hi, I'm Daniel and I will be doing rehab with you for the next two months,' said Daniel.

'I'm going to pull you up now ok, ready, one, two, three, 'That was pretty easy,' George said with a grin.

'Now you're going to do most of the work now, ok, one, two, three,' continued Daniel. 'Aaaaahhhhh!' George shrieked in pain. After that in his spare time in the hospital he prayed he would walk again. Every night he was envisioning himself walking out of hospital which for George felt a bird stuck in a cage.