8. The Next Morning

Y/N was gone when Dean woke up. Gone for good. He knew it because the clothes they'd tossed aside last night had disappeared and the surface of her dresser was clean. He hadn't expected her to stick around, but it felt odd. Usually he was the one to take off early.

   The clock said it was close to nine. After getting dressed, he ventured downstairs, still unsure to whom the apartment belonged to. Someone rich, that's for sure.

   He needed to get back to Sam and John. They were probably killing each other by now. Dean had to admit, it was awkward, the three of them being back together. They were on bad terms when Sam left for Stanford, so seeing Sam back in the game must have shaken John up a bit. However, if he was being completely honest with himself, Dean had become accustomed to their lifestyle the past month, just Sam and himself. Getting John back was a relief, of course, but instead of a joyful family reunion, it felt like an accomplished mission.

   He hadn't even completed the task. It was all Y/N.

   Dean wasn't sure whether he bought her story about John leaving Dean on his own. She had definitely changed over the nine years they'd been apart, but it was hard to believe the same girl who offered a ride to two boys she barely knew so they didn't have to walk miles in the rain was now the kind of woman to take a father from his son and torture him.

   Dean knew he was too reliant on John. It was one of the many things he hated about himself.

   John had been very vague when it came to the information Y/N wanted from him. She must have had a good reason, thought Dean, surprised at himself for wanting to defend her. I should have learned more about her home life when we were together.

   He made his way out of the apartment building and around the back to where Baby was parked. He was undoubtedly going to keep last night to himself; not that he regretted it, but there was something shameful in going to kill somebody and spending the night with them instead.

   Dean was still going to go after her. He owed that to John, and Sam was furious with Y/N. He thought she was a manipulative liar and deserved to die. Dean wasn't sure whether he wanted that to happen. It's true, last night was just a distraction so I wouldn't kill her, Dean said to himself as he started the car. Damn that woman. She had him under some kind of spell.

   Weeks turned into months, until Y/N finally suspected the Winchesters weren't on her tail anymore. Either that or she was excellent at staying off their radar. Bela was busy with the usual, buying, stealing, and selling. She met a hunter who helped her get a great deal on an amulet in Flagstaff, so Y/N had no one to turn to. She began to bury herself in tracking Azazel, staying on the lookout for demon signs. John's journal helped a lot, but there was a point where he'd gotten stuck, too.

   The journal helped her learn about creatures she didn't know existed. There were also snippets of John's personal life scattered between entries. Every word Y/N read filled her heart with rage and a more desperate urge to track down the demon. If it weren't for Azazel, Mary Winchester would never have died, meaning Sam and Dean could have had a somewhat normal childhood.

   While she wasn't poring over the book or feeling tempted to give Dean a call- why, she didn't know, she simply wanted to hear his voice- she helped the hunters she crossed paths with. There were two, Ellen and Jo Harvelle, who she was especially fond of.

   Things were rather quiet until she got word of a mysterious death in a town in the California desert and decided to check it out.

heyyy, this part was a bit boring but I kinda wanted to explain what was going on in his head and also what Y/N is doing during the upcoming time skip. FYI- the next part will be set in the early episodes of season 3