A Shoulder to lean on

This is an AU story. What if Rachel met the gang after her divorce with Barry? How that would affect her relationship with the gang especially Ross?
Chandler and Monica are in a Relationship. And Ross recently got divorced from Carol.

Enjoy!!!!!

After her divorce with Barry,Rachel hung out with the gang more oftenly. They seemed like such a fun group to be a part of. Everyone in the gang was the contrast of the other. They had different opinions, beliefs and approach towards life. Yet they seemed incomplete without each other.

Rachel really enjoyed the company of her new group. The way they all interacted with each other was something new for her. Cracking jokes and pulling each others legs,for no reason...all seemed so new to Rachel as she was a part of such a fake world for a long time.

Rachel was struggling hard to survive in the city. Her father adviced her to comeback and enjoy the leisury life provided by him. But Rachel didnt approve of it. She needed to be independent. She was tired of others taking decisions for her.

She is now living with Ross. He also got divorced recently and was having trouble of being alone in his new apartment. Monica was pretty happy to offer her apartment for Rachel. But she respectfully denied that offer as she found it appropriate to leave Monica and Chandler alone in their happy place.

Ross opened the door and walked nonchalantly towards the living room. He had a pretty long day and was tired.

He looked over to the balcony and saw Rachel gazing at the city. He slowly put his bag aside and went over to the balcony to join her. She seemed oblivious of his presence.

"Rachel" he whispered as he patted her shoulder.

"Oww" she let out of a sudden yelp.

"Damn Ross, why would you scare me like that"? Asked Rachel by keeping her hands over to her chest.

She seemed so shocked. The look in the face of Rachel mixed with anger and shock cracked up Ross.

"Dont you dare laugh at me Ross Gellar" Rachel said in a threatening tone as she hit his arms.

Ross came close to her and put his arms over her shoulder.
"What were you doing here"?

"I was..I was just looking.. at the view of the city". Rachel told. She was not meeting his gaze.

" Hey.. what's the matter" He asked slowly as he held her closer by his arms.

"Nothing Ross... I've been thinking about my life....I mean look at me! What am I doing with my life? I dont have a clarity in my life Ross". She sighed in frustration.

"Do you know how my life was with Barry? I didnt love him at all. I thought I loved him. But I never did. And I did not ponder much when my father asked me to marry him. Being married to an orthodontist seemed like a perfect plan to me. I mean.. I dont want to do anything. I could shop all day with my friends".

Ross smiled when the word 'shopping' came into the conversation. Rachel was always so interested in shopping. He thought.

"And then I realized everything. I felt trapped you know. Being in an unhappy relationship without confiding your inner turmoil to someone is scary. Really... scary. And above all, I caught my husband making out in his office with some girl". Rachel said as her eyes brimmed with tears.