Relishing memories

It was a Saturday morning. The morning sun shone brightly through the window, landing on the sleeping figure who slept soundly,crawled up against the comfortable and cozy mattress. The alarm rang twice before a hand arised from the snuggled up blanket and slammed it off.

Rachel fluttered her eyes open. She slowly took away the blanket which covered her face and tucked few strands of the hair which had come on to her face, behind her ears as she groaned. She was never a morning person. In some strange way, mornings seemed cooler,comfortable and cozier which always downed her more towards the sleep. She stretched her arms up and rubbed her eyes before she leaned against the headboard, taking in the aroma of freshly preparing pancakes. She heard the noise of plates clattering from the kitchen.

"Ross should've been at the kitchen" she thought to herself as a small smile crept to her face. She sighed happily at the thought of him sitting at the kitchen,waiting up for her like he did every morning. The small chatter of them before stepping into the hustle of work was the only thing which made her happier in the mornings. As it is a Saturday, there is no work and they could hang out as much as they want. They could talk, laugh and enjoy as much as they want.

She got up and dashed towards the bathroom, cleared up her face and tied her hair up to a pony tail before she made her way towards the kitchen. She glanced over to the corner of the kitchen counter to see Ross pouring a spoon full of syrup on the top of the pancakes. Rachel beamed happily at him before settling against the chair beside the counter.

"Good lord"! Rachel saw him widen his eyes. "It's 10 am on a Saturday Morning and Rachel Green waked herself up before ,the auspicious ritual which keeps on happening every morning, me shouting my lungs out. I cant believe it" Ross clutched his chest dramatically as Rachel rolled her eyes at him.

"Haha, very funny" She reached out and slapped him lightly at his arms as he left out a chuckle.

"Why didn't you wake me up before" Rachel asked, taking the steaming coffee in her hand which Ross offered her. She blew it slowly as she sipped the beverage carefully.

"Well..I had thought of waking you up. But we got a whole day of cleaning and I am no way starting without you Green" Ross smiled sheepishly as Rachel groaned. "So I thought you need some sleep before the work".

"You know what..I have a lot of work to do". Rachel slowly stood up from the chair with her coffee mug and proceeded to go towards her room. "The fashion concert..paper works. So let me just.."

"Oh you are not escaping that easier" Ross took her arm and pulled her against the chair. "I had helped you to clean up your mess right? Three boxes worth clothes 2 boxes worth accessories, and 8 shoes? Why do you have 8 shoes by the way"?

"It's 10" Rachel mumbled. "I work in fashion Ross. Dont act so suprised".

Ross rolled his eyes.

"The point is..why can't you help me Rach? It's only fair". Said Ross crossing his arms against his chest.

Rachel pouted and fiddled with her hands. He looked at her. She really resembled a 3 year old. Ross grinned a little as he started.

"I've a wedding party a day after,and I could bring guest if I wanted". He saw Rachel looking up to him with the corner of his eyes. He watched as her eyes brightened up.

"So if you help me with my mess,we could enjoy a party happily Or we could still go to the party by ignoring the cleaning part and wait for Monica to come up and rip my heart out".

Rachel laughed at his remark. Ross and Monica had gone to their parents at Longisland. Their house were getting renovated as they both stuffed their childhood stuffs into boxes and returned with them. Monica being the uptight one had cleared her stuffs and neatly arranged them in her room and had framed old photographs in their living room. Monica had freaked the hell out at the sight of Ross's boxes remaining untouched under his cot.