10| titles are for dummies

im eating like really good noodles while watching the In Space with Markiplier premiere. goals, man.

1st person, Y/N POV

========

"Excuse me?" I said. He flinched at that kind of response.

"I..." He hesitated. "Don't make me say it again..." He frowned, shifting uncomfortably so he sat crisscrossed.

I stared at him for a moment. He was looking down at his hands, seemingly just picking at his cuticles so he didn't have to look at me. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say. Did I feel the same way? Im attracted to him, yeah, but in that way?

"Sorry that was a stupid thing to say-" He said quickly, leaning back against the arm of the sofa once more. "How about tea? Yeah, tea. ill go make tea." He stood up, leaving the room quickly. He had to turn around though since the kitchen was in the other hallway...

I sat up, leaning forward so my elbows leaned onto my knees. I felt bad not saying anything, but I didn't know what to say, in all honesty.

I admit that I've admired him, and I realize that I'm attracted to him...he's a great guy, honestly, and he's so sweet. He's not too bad on the eyes either...But actual feelings? Isn't that a bit extreme? We've only known each other for a bit more than a month...

I eventually got off of the sofa and followed Michael into the kitchen, where he was still rummaging around to try and find the tea. He looked at me weirdly when I came in, but stepped aside so I could show him where to look. He just nodded awkwardly whenever I gave it to him. He knew how to work the kettle...

"What's wrong?" He said after a moment.

"Hm?" I looked at him. His back was to me. "Nothing, why do you ask?"

"You haven't said a thing to me." He shrugged, wincing when he went to grab the kettle. His knuckles had brushed against the hot metal. "It's okay to say that you dont feel the same."

"I know." I shook my head. "Im thinking."

I heard him hum as he poured the hot water into a cup. He didn't make himself any. When he turned to face me, he tilted his head. He didn't say anything until he sat back down.

"Hm..." He hummed, taking a 10 pence coin out of his pocket and sliding it to me.

"What?" I laughed.

"A pence for your thoughts?" He raised his eyebrows. I looked at him skeptically but took the pence coin anyway.

"What thoughts?" I put to coin into a small cup on the counter.

"Tell me what you're thinking about?" He suggested, leaning his elbows on the table.

"Just stuff." I shrugged, sitting back down. We sat facing each other. "Im not sure."

"About what?" He leaned his cheek against his palm. He looked like one of those cliche dating simulator guys for a split moment.

I shrugged again. "Im not sure how I feel."

"You dont have to feel the same way." He leaned to the side a bit as if trying to distract himself. "I just thought I would be honest with you. With the stuff, we've been doing lately, and what almost happened last night- I dont know." He sighed, sitting back up. "You just make me feel so... I dont know the right words for it-" He scratched his neck. "Im really horrible at this."

"Take your time." I grinned a little

"And that!" HE pointed right at me. "I like when you do that."

"When I smile?"

"Duh." He nodded. "mom teases me. She knows how I feel, I talk to her when things are on my mind." He huffed. "That seems cringy, I know." He was suddenly hiding his face with his hands, shrinking down into his seat. "Ahhhh I talk too much."

"It's fine, Michael, seriously." I laughed. "You dont have to be that way."

"What? Embarrassed?" He laughed. "Sorry...I come by it naturally."

"I think it's funny...In a good way- not like, bad funny." I shook my head. "I like you, Michael, A lot.

"Like-"

"Im not sire in THAT way...not yet, at least."

"Oh-"

"But maybe if I think about it I'll change my mind!"

"Y/N-"

"And then we can talk, and it'll all be okay."

"Y/N-"

"And then we can get more comfortable, and I can stare at you without feeling creepy, and we can hold hands, and go out in public and not have to act overly friendly just so people know we aren't a couple-"

"Y/N-"

"And then we can watch late night from coms together, and you can cook, and we can sit together without being weird-"

"Y/N!" He yelled, making me flinch. "Sorry!"

"What?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Are you even listening to yourself?" He shook his head.

"What do you mean?" I leaned forward against the table.

"Just..." He paused. "You just sound like you're mixed about what you're feeling. You make it sound like you would enjoy being with someone like me when you say all those things. Then you say you're uncertain, then you say all of those things again, and it's confusing me." He began to fidget. "Maybe we should just drop the subject-"

"No no, it's okay! Just-" I paused. "Just give me a minute."

"It really isn't that serious, Y/N-"

"No no, it's okay!" I said quickly.

"Y/N-"

"I can figure this out. I dont want to leave you in the dark." I stood up, making the table shake slightly when my leg hit it.

"Y/N-"

"I'll be back!" I said. I was about to leave the kitchen when I felt Michael pull me back quickly by my waist. It made me gasp.

"Please stop interrupting me..." I said softly, pulling me back towards the table. "Can you look at me?" He said as I turned around to face him, his thumb and index finger holding my chin so I looked up at him. My stomach felt heavy all of a sudden.

"Yeah..." I said slowly, my legs suddenly feeling weak.

"Tell me exactly what you're thinking right now."

I just stared at him for a moment. I didn't want to tell him, in all honesty. Some of it wasn't very appropriate, and some of it was simply just cheese.

"Y/N." He said again. I felt his other arm come across my back, sweeping me in closer. It was some sort of manipulating swooning thing that was defiantly working.

"I think I'm going to vomit..." I said slowly. He frowned at that answer, suddenly letting me go.

"Close enough." He sighed, rubbing his hand through his hair, his weight put on one of his legs.

"What did you just do to me?!" I backed up slightly, leaning against the chair.

"Charmed you?"

"No, I know what charming is, that wasn't charming." I shook my head.

"Seduction?" He shrugged, making a funny face as if he were clueless. "I dont know, I was trying to get you to listen to me." He laughed. "It worked so I'm not complaining."

"You seduced me!" I sat down with a huff, crossing my arms.

"So...is that a no for now?" He said in a dishopeful tone.

"You dont deserve an answer right now!"

=============