𝚇𝙸𝙸

Waking up in a giant bed with fluffy pillows and a white, cozy duvet was definitely not something (y/n) expected to be able to do

Waking up in a giant bed with fluffy pillows and a white, cozy duvet was definitely not something (y/n) expected to be able to do. It's even more unexpected that she'd be waking up in Kokonoi Hajime's house.

But here she is, a big room that smelt of fresh cotton, the morning sun glowing through the big windows and the array of clothes Kokonoi had prepared for her the night before. She couldn't be happier.

(Y/n) climbed out of bed and stretched her arms up with a yawn. Everything around her felt expensive, heck even the pajamas she was wearing felt expensive. After a while of looking through the clothes (y/n) decided what to wear and got changed into a white tank top, jeans and a sand coloured jacket.

There was a light knock on the door followed by Kokonoi's voice "(y/n)? Breakfast is ready if you're changed."

"Right. I'll be there in a minute!"

Everything felt surreal.

She walked down the stairs to see Kokonoi sat at the dining room table eating breakfast with her portion opposite him. Upon seeing her, he smiled and used his hand to invite her to sit with him. Which she happily accepted.

The two ate their breakfast while talking about everything and nothing. It felt amazing, (y/n) thought after everything that happened she wouldn't be able to talk to Kokonoi like this anymore.

"Oh hey, do you know how Manjiro is doing?" She asked curiously but realised maybe she should have kept her mouth shut when she saw his expression.

"He... he's fine," Kokonoi pushed his food around his plate in a concentrated daze. "He owns a restaurant chain, and he's overseas right now. At least that's what I've heard."

A lie of course.

That's what Mikey had told people to say if they asked about him and as his boss, Kokonoi had to obey.

"Woah, that's pretty awesome."

(Y/n) smiled. It was her smile, he had missed it so much these past years. But finally it had returned to him. He couldn't tell her about Bonten, about Mikey. No matter how difficult he would try his best to conceal her from that world now that she had finally escalated it. He didn't want to risk losing her smile again.

It was only after he lost her smile that he realised how much he loved it, how much he loved her. And after 12 whole years he had expected for that love to fade but now that she's here in front of him again. He realises that he still loves her.

Once the two had finished their meal Kokonoi took (y/n) out.

"Where are we going?" She asked while looking around the familiar neighbourhood.

"Just wait a moment. We're almost there."

He took her hand in his and lead her down a path and past a construction sight. The construction sight was where her old apartment building used to be, it had been demolished last year and her parents -who were still living there at the time- had moved away to the country side.

The two continued down the path until they reached a small park with a set of swings in the middle. Kokonoi sat down one one swing while (y/n) took her place on the one beside him.

"Do you remember this place?" He asked.

"Isn't this where that weird old man was watching me? You came and helped me out." (Y/n) recalled with a smile.

"Yeah, it's where you broke your hand too."

The pair laughed at the fond memories of when the first met before falling into a comfortable silence. (Y/n) kicked her feet on the ground causing the swing to sway a little and the rusted chain to creak.

"Back when everything happened," Kokonoi began as he looked up at the sky with a contempt gaze "you know, the conflict. Right before the police arrived I wanted to tell you, actually I was going to tell you."

He hesitated and looked at (y/n) to gauge her expression before breathing in heavily and continuing.

"I decided not to tell you when you told me to forget about you. I tried to forget about you but doing that only made me realise how much I loved you. I love you, (y/n)."

I love you

Three simple words.

But they're words that carry so much weight.

And upon hearing them (y/n) smiled. A feint pink dusted her cheeks. Her eyes looked as though they were smiling but they also had a look of sadness in them.

It was a look of relief.

"I'm so happy," (y/n)'s eyes met Kokonoi's and he felt his heart skip a beat. "I love you, Hajime."

He stood up and offered his hand to (y/n) and she took to without hesitation. The two walked hand in hand for a while.

"I'm surprised, I thought you'd have forgotten about me but here you are telling me you love me. Did you love me the whole time I was away?"

He nodded.

"So you never stopped?"

"Not once, and I don't think I ever will."

"Really? So how long is that exactly?"

"Forever"

"Forever?"

"Yes, for infinity."

Kokonoi was aware of how childish it all sounded, 'I'll love you for infinity' what an infantile clique. But it felt right for the moment. It felt right with her. And her loving smile definitely justified his child like behaviour.

"Infinity is a long time Hajime," she sped up a little so she was in-front of him and held onto his hands. "And I'd be happy to spend it with you. If you'll have me."

He laughed and shook his head before pulling her into a hug and whispering "of course." They stood in an embrace for a moment before he released her and moved their faces closer and into a gentle kiss.

It only lasted a brief moment but that second was pure bliss and neither of them had ever felt happier.

Kokonoi didn't think he could ever love someone again after Akane but here he is now. Hopelessly in love.

He hugged her again, burying his face in her neck and repeating "I love you (y/n)."

Perhaps fate is real after all.

<3

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢.
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢.

𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 '𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢' 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚝, 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍.

𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚢/𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 | 𝙺𝚘𝚔𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚒 𝙷𝚊𝚓𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚇 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 🎉