𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

1815, London, England

Ever since Florence arrived in England, her life had been flipped opposite, sideways all until it was unrecognisable. She barely remembered Erika dressing her in a pale blue dress, a low chest top of it, and her wrists were decorated dazzlingly in ornated gold and silvers that clung everytime her arms moved.

It had felt that just minutes ago she had been learning about London's gossiper that even has the Queen riled, and now she was here, in a crowded ballroom being stared and often glared at by judgmental women in gowns. They sparkled under the chandeliers whilst Florence stayed to the side. She had no clue where Aspley was, and she couldn't care less, she soon spotted a young woman who couldn't be more than three years her junior, she was dressed in a long pink gown, but all the small intricate details of careful sculpted flowers and other various patterns were in a blinding yellow.

Florence started her legs into a pace before a woman stopped her. She had flung out a walking cane infront of her, Florence glared at her and attempted to move around it but once again found herself stopped.

"Excuse me, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't limit my walking area." Florence stated, her teeth gritted as she said it, it was now she got a better look at the woman, she had a smug look on her face but the way she composed herself was enough to scare anyone and Florence wondered if she had ever actually scared someone. Her hair was highlighted by some flimsy grey hairs that contrasted with the main brunette colour. She had a dainty tiara on but even Florence could tell it didn't matter, obviously a well respected woman.

"Lady Österstrom, you'll have to excuse my late introduction, I was curious as to whether or not you could speak English and so it hesitated our meeting."

"Why would I arrive in England if I didn't know the language? And don't call me Österstrom, if you wish for this conversation to continue, that is my father's name, I'm Florence Galloway."

The elder had a stunned expression but it was quick to flicker and disappear completely.

"You'll have to excuse my bluntness, but there are many rumours going around about your arrival, why trade Sweden for England, and as for introductions, Lady Danbury."

Florence stares at the woman, and it truly doesn't come as a surprise that she's a lady, the composure told her everything she needed to know already.

"Well, I've never been fond of rumours I have to say, and as we are both ladies of class, perhaps you could take me through each family here tonight." Florence suggests, Danbury flashes her a smile, her nose crinkling as she does before taking up an open spot next to the younger, still relying heavily on her cane.

She subtly raises a hand in the direction of a young blonde woman, with a permanent scowl who coincidently had been glaring at Florence all evening.

"Cressida Cowper, quite the opportunist, you have a possibility of being the Queen's favourite she turn into a looming dictator and aspire to be your close confidant. But with all these glares she seems to want to make an enemy out of you rather than a friend."

"I had figured that out for myself, but thank you for a name."

Florence now caught sight of the woman earlier, she was engaged in a conversation with another young woman, who looked identical in age but they had completely different styles. The woman in pink had ginger hair that cascaded down her back but not too far to be irritatable, whilst the other one had brunette hair and it was pinned up elegantly whilst her fringe clung helplessly to her forehead, she had a blue gown on, with little gems around the bosom area but not too much to distract one. They spoke in a hushed conversation before the ginger raised a hand and pointed in her direction, the brunettes eyeline followed the outstretched hand before falling on Florence. Florence panicked and directed her attention to Lady Danbury.