𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Florence stayed for a while with Benedict, exchanging multiple love confessions, laughing at some shared memories they each provided and just enjoyed one another company. Florence found herself completely and utterly happy, and perfectly in love, Benedict smiled at her as if he knew just how strongly she felt for him. They had shared so many kisses, her lips felt swollen and chapped, his too looked somewhat puffy, but she still found him devishly handsome.

"My family wants to see you again," Benedict whispers, still managing eye contact with his now fiancée, Florence nods along, "Would you feel comfortable announcing it then, our betrothal?"

Florence ponders it for a while, there was still so many things she had to tell Benedict, including the fact that she hadn't bled since their first time but just being so close to him meant every worry fled her mind, "I think I can do that, I've missed your family and its chaotic tendencies."

Benedict laughs at the description, his hand grazes Florence's, and one of his fingers focus on the ring that now decorates her finger. He does it absentmindedly, and Florence stares up at him. His eyes swim with admiration and unsaid words about his feelings. Florence couldn't stop her self from shining her beaming smile at him.

"It's getting late, Flo, may I walk you back? I don't think the moon can make that great a company," Benedict laughs, Florence smiles, she wouldn't trade a single minute of time with him for an hour of solitude with just herself and some moonlight. And it had been extremely comforting throughout her whole life, always basking her in its' light and reflection whenever she had been at her most loneliest. She nods.

Benedict gets up dramatically from the rock, before offering an extended hand to Florence, he draws out another laugh from her but she takes his hand. He interlocks their fingers, and just smiles, she doesn't see but Benedict can't bring himself to care, in some short months, he will be able to call her his wife.

He leads them out of the woods, and they fall under the spotlight of the moon, share another kiss as the world is dark and no cane be witness to the acts of their love, before starting again on their travel, and soon enough the looming Aspley house comes into view, Benedict feels Florence sigh before he hears it, he wants to laugh but even he knows that the lady of the house is a handful so he settles to caress her knuckles with his thumb comfortably, she smiles at him in appreciation.

They walk further and find themselves on the porch area outside of the house. Benedict can't help himself from staring again, he leans down as if he will kiss the top of her head but goes to whisper something in her ear, "Soon you'll be leaving here, be stood here again but be one in marriage with me, only a certain amount of time to go, my darling."

Florence feels her cheeks flush whilst she smiles like a little school girl, Benedict grinned fondly, Florence was such a picture, and he knew then he couldn't love anyone or anything more than her. She would carry their children and he would love her through every minute.

"I'll leave you be for the night, but be with me for Wednesday, we shall announce our undying love to all!" He announces the last part louder than Florence wanted him to, so she was desperate to shush him, he was already back on the footpath, he could wake anyone in close proximity, she whispered a final 'love you' before Benedict disappeared.

She sighed to herself, but this time it was filled with undertones of happiness, shee would be his wife. She had her back to the inside of the house as she slipped in, she was taking all of her gentleness to make sure she didn't slam the door shut and alert everyone of her late night endeavours. She smiled to herself when she achieved that, she twirled around without thinking and was met closely with her sisters face.

She let out a string of improper words, that her mother would scold her for even now, but Viktoria just stared her in an accusatory tone.

"You should tell your late night fonduer to be quieter," Viktoria casually said, "We didn't do anything like that, Vik, we just talked," Florence defended.

"That's why you come back with a ring on your finger? The result of just talking is a betrothal?" Viktoria taunted, Florence knows there is no malicious intent but sometimes she wished she could just have something to herself without getting questioned.

"Yes, I'm betrothed, what about it?" Florence responded, now twirling the ring on her finger whilst staring at her sister.

"He doesn't know then? About the fact you haven't bled, and are probably with child and it's his? I mean I only dragged this information out of you yesterday, but if he will be your future husband, he deserves to know that his betrothed is already expecting with him!"

Florence sighed, "He will now, just not yet. I'm not ready, and as you said yourself, probably, it isn't written yet, it's natural for my monthlies to skip a bit every now and then," Viktoria stares at her but Florence speaks again, "I'm tired, goodnight syster."

Florence was lying to her sister, she knew that but Viktoria didn't need to. Her monthly had been regular since she was around twelve, and she wasn't stupid, she knew what this meant, had known what a missed one meant since thirteen. But she was scared, she believed that Benedict wouldn't care, be overjoyed already that they were two expecting parents but they weren't married. She had believed that if she were to marry but not have children, she could prevent turning into her mother but now it seemed the only thing that could result from this.

authors note
this is short because well, i cut another scene because i left this chapter till the last minute and i also have a biology test for that i have not studied for because of some family issues, so wish me luck plz, ill need it