Mmm Emergency Food

[_____] hummed to a soft tune, picking up the rest of the WindWheel Asters with stride. "[Side Quest Completed! Status Update: 3+ Charisma and +400 mora]" Soon after the ping, the sound of the rustling bushes made them turn their head.

"This is where a statue of the seven-" 'Ah that familiar high pitch voice.' "Hm?-"

The familiar floating and traveler walked through the bushes, there was a light pause, thinking about what they should do, before giving a peaceful smile and waving their hand in greetings.

 "It's not that common to see travelers, who might you be?"

"[New Quest Unlocked: Chat with Traveler"

The traveler looked wearily at his...floating companion who just gave a shrug, you watched as the blonde traveler then anti-climaticly swimmed over and then climbed onto the small land in the middle of the lake. "I must ask but what it that floating companion you have over there? Emergency food?" They looked at the floating companion next to the blonde, it did look edible.

The travelers ahoge more or less shot up in shock looking at his floating companion and then at you before putting his hands onto his hips, "Yup, emergency food." He said with a childish grin, [_____] smiled softly admiring the golden boy for all his glory. "My name is Aether, and yours?"

"Ah it's [______], a pleasure to meet you!" This truly was wonderful.  Both ignored as the emergency food complained about the nickname. "Paimon is not emergency food!!"

"Sorry to ask so many questions, but I heard you two were speaking about this statue correct? You may continue with whatever you were planning." They said moving out of the way of the ameno archon statue. "Ah right! Come on Aether." Paimon said gesturing to the outlander.

Watching the scene play out, a sense of nostalgia washed over, the scene was so familiar to the scene they recognized in the game. Watching as Aether placed his hand onto the statue, watching as the statue of barista- bartiba- Benadryl- bar- bar...

[_____] paused mentally trying to figure out how to say the name. "[Status Update: -4 intelligence]"

'I- Excuse you-'

Before throwing hands with the system Paimon let out a gasp making you turn around. An ameno orb flew from the hands of the statue and then towards Aether.

A look of fascination and interest filled their face, the scene that they just saw was practically identical to the original one from the one in your world.

"Woah, you got some wind power now :0" [_____] exclaimed with a less then shocked tone. "And even without a vision!" Paimon added on, "And also just from touching the statue! You know no matter how much people want these types of powers, their never able to get it as easily as you do Aether."

They gave a nod to Paimons statement

Aether gave a pause to look at them, staring intently and analyzing, before speaking once more. "I think I know why.." Paimon then came to finish the sentence "It's because your not even from this world!" She said... with no disregard for you being right next to them.

Aether blinked once or twice before Paimon realized her mistake. "Ah! Oh no-!" You gave a face of interest and amusement before speaking once more "Another world how interesting.."

Paimon looked back at them and then at Aether trying to think of a way to salvage the situation. "W-Well since you know something important about Aether, tell us an important thing about you!"

[_____] looked as the small emergency food pointed a finger at them. 'System, are there any rules to how I interact with them?'

"[User [_____] is simply advised to stick to the original story of the main quest, changes here and there are allowed,]"

'Thank you system that'll be all' They wrapped their mind around some topics before landing one one, "Well you see [_____] is a zombie!"

They looked at you with a blank face, "That isn't a secret! Paimon already new that! You have a paper talisman on your head!!" Paimon yelled angrily, flailing her well tiny hands around. [_____] gave a light chuckle, "Fineee, I'll tell you this important fun fact, a very important one."

Paimon nodded eagerly.

They knelt your body down to be at the same eye level as Paimon "I can also control an element without a vision."

[_____] watched as Aether and Paimons have turned into the infamous surprised pikachu, "W-Wait what!! Tell Paimon more!" They shook their head with a smile "One important fact silly, I can't just give another one."

"Oh you-!" Paimon said angrily before being cut of by Aether "How did you turn into a zombie?" They cocked their head to the side with a confused expression "Isn't it obvious? [_____] died one day and then came back."

Aether shook his head before pointing at them, "You're lying. Right?"

"Ah-.."

Oh, well wasn't he the observant one"Hehe-" They let out a nervous laugh "Well you got me there dear traveler, it's true what you said, [_____] did lie." They gave a awkward jazz hands at being found out. The traveler was smarter then they thought.

"Even if I were to try and explain, I'm sure it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Although I can say I died a while back. Not really a while back actually. It's only been a couple of minutes" You let out a nervous laugh.

"It feels as though one moment my life is flashing before my eyes and then the next..."

"I wake up here."

{You feel as though you've forgotten something}

"Awwh, [_____]" Paimon let out in a sad voice "It's alright Paimon and the traveler will help you!" She quickly said ecstatically placing her hands in her hips with bouncing energy.

Aether gave a nod. "A-Ah really!?" They said with a- very much fake shock "W-Well then! I [_____] will also help you out and follow you on your journey!"

"Yeah that's the spirit!" Paimon said joyfully, Aether grabbed their hand smiling with a warm glow.

"Let's begin our journey together, [_____!]"

...

[_____] almost felt bad for faking.