Atonement

Please, let this be a joke. Please. This is a nightmare. Please, someone make it stop.

The next few days, Atsumu was consumed by so much pain. He didn't eat, didn't sleep.

He couldn't.

All he could do was cry, his mind throwing at him scenes of Sakusa and Osamu being together, feeling that it hurt every time a bit more, if it was even possible.

Sakusa texts him every day, but the blonde ignored him, not even opening the messages. He couldn't bear to know from him, to read those pleading words.

This has to be irreversible.

He couldn't forgive any of them… both of them…

After those days, the pain was somehow less invalidating, the blonde forcing himself to go to practice and getting obsessed with it, working out for hours tiring himself, to stop thinking, to get distracted…

because as soon as he got home, sorrow struck back. He felt miserable every second, every minute…

He told his parents that he wouldn't attend any family meetings if Osamu was there.

His parents were devastated, but Atsumu's decision was final. They insisted on telling them what could've possibly happened that neither wanted to look at each other, but neither he nor Osamu told them anything about that.

Their family was broken simply because Osamu, his own twin brother betrayed him in the worst possible way… Every time he thinks about it, Atsumu would end up crying uncontrollably.

Atsumu had never felt so alone in his life.

It's been around five months since this whole thing blew up.

Every day since then, Sakusa texted his ex fiancé, without fail, apologizing and expressing how sorry he was, and how much he meant to him.

He needed Atsumu in his life. He was the love of his life, and he wasn't going to let him go. If there was a small chance, even if it was one in a million of him someday forgiving him, he'll take it.

He'd give his whole life just to see him smiling again. Even if he didn't wantto be with him after this.

Kiyoomi always watched Atsumu's matches, admiring how much he'd improved, but he never dared to actually see him in person. But that day was the final match of the championship, and his wanting to see him on that special occasion made him assist, always being careful of keeping a low profile so he wouldn't see him.