Pt. One Sect. Seven: Accidental Boost in Morale-Zelda

Zelda and Link crouched down in the bushes. They were in a small, wooded area and Link had them hide behind some shrubbery.

"I want to see how you do on your own, no help from me at all." Zelda looked up at Link worriedly. And for the first time she saw him smile. She saw Link smile! His smile was small, just a small lift to the corners of his lips. But it was warm and it gave her a huge boost in confidence.

"You can do this. I know your capable." He gave her a sword and bow, and a quiver full of arrows. She hooked it over her shoulder and gripped the sword tightly in her hand. "If you really are in trouble or don't feel comfortable, Just call." She nodded and turned towards the campout. She surveyed the set up. There was one on a tower, and three on the ground She counted three red ones and one blue. There weapons were leaned up against a log except the one in the watch tower. It had a bow. Zelda crouched down into the tall grass and crept as stealthily as she could towards the archer. She settled behind a tree. Her heart was beating in her ears and her throat dried as she notched an arrow into the bowstring. She pulled it back, aiming, biting down on her tongue and then let the arrow fly. It hit the bokoblin square in the head, sending it flying back. The other ones looked up, alarmed by the scream it let out when she shot it. They spotted her. Zelda notched another arrow hitting the blue one, but it didn't seem to do anything! She drew her sword, hooking the bow around her shoulder. She apprehensively approached the bokoblins. Because of that smile Link gave her, Zelda felt slightly more confident. She gasped as a bat almost struck her in the head, but she dodged it just in time. Her eyes traveled to the red ones. Her best bet was to take those two out first, and then get there leader which was obviously the blue one. So Zelda turned, yelling and swung her sword, hitting one of the red ones. It screeched and flew back, exposing itself to Zelda. So she took her chance. She swung her sword at it, hitting it over and over until it turned into a pusrple cloud of smoke. But then she felt something clobber her in the shoulder. Zelda cried out, but the cry was stifled by the thud when she hit the ground. She felt her shoulder throb, but she scrambled back just in time, because the club slammed onto the ground where her legs would have been if she hadn't moved. Getting back to her feet, Zelda sliced the red one in the head, killing it. She realized something. The head seemed to be the weak point. If you hit them in the head it would kill them, or at least stun the bokoblins long enough that you could get a hit on them. Zelda turned towards her last enemy. The blue one snarled and roared as it charged her. But Zelda dodged the attack and swung her sword. She missed! How could she have missed. It hit the Bokoblins shield. He knocked the sword out of her hand and swung its spear, hitting Zelda directly in the nose sending her flat on her bottom. She held her nose, tears in her eyes as it started to bleed.
"For Hylia's Sake." She muttered, looking up to see a bat being swung at her face. Zelda rolled and grabbed one of the shields, discarded by the dead others. She shrunk behind it, trying to think of a plan. The bat hit the shield over and over. She looked around. Come on Zelda! Think. Think! The shield was splitting now, one blow away from breaking. she had an idea as soon as her plan was laid out the shield broke. She scrambled and grabbed a tree branch nearby and ran towards the fire in the camp. She held the stick in the fire. Watching as it set ablaze, Zelda aimed the stick at the bokoblin that was running towards her. She threw it. and watched as the Bokoblin went up in flames. Disappearing into a poof of smoke. Zelda fell back, laying on the ground panting. Her chest rose and fell. Wiping her bloody nose, Zelda closed her eyes.

"I did it." She smiled to herself. Remembering that someone was here to share her victory, she shot to her feet and looked over at where Link was hiding. "Link I did it! I did it, I did it!" She yelled joyously, running towards the bush. He stood up and she jumped and hugged him, laughing happily. And then she realized what she was doing and pulled away clearing her throat. His face was stoic, but his eyes beamed with pride. He pointed towards the camp. Zelda turned and saw a chest. She went towards it and climbed the ladder to the top of the pedestal where it sat. Zelda opened the chests lid and found inside, to her dismay. Ten arrows. She took the arrows out of the chest and put them in her quiver. She climbed back down and turned to Link defeatedly. "Ten arrows." She said, blankly.

"The win is what counts." He said. "Now let's go clean up that blood."