Pt. Two Sect. Nine: Never One for Words-Link

Link didn't like to open up about himself, about anything. He always found it better to stick with a sentence, or even a one or two word response, and leave his thoughts in his mind and not out in the world. But he found himself opening up more and more to the Princess of Hyrule. Zelda Hyrule, who wielded the Triforce of wisdom, and held off Ganon for 100 hundred years. She was smart, witty, cunning, and beautiful. green eyes like the leaves of a tree, and the great fields of Hyrule. Her hair was as golden as the sun itself. She was regal, poised. She was the epitome of royalty. Destined to rule Hyrule. Link knew all too well that it was an honor to be her appointed knight. But he also knew she hated him with all her heart. Remembering back to the early days of when he was appointed as her knight, sworn to protect her life even if it cost him his, she would pretend like he wasn't even there. Like he was just a bug that she was too kind to squash, but didn't want to deal with either. One day, The princess exploded at him. He stood in silence looking at her as she unloaded a whole arsenal of hurtful words at him. Calling him a idling, lazy, loafer. She told him he didn't do one single thing to work for what he had. He was just some boy, who just got lucky, who one a lottery. Zelda said those things, then turned away walking off. Link followed her, hurt filling his chest. He was so confused. What did she mean? Why did she build up so much resentment towards him? Link didn't understand at all.

He wondered during days of sitting next to the fire making food, and nights of staring up at the sky trying to sleep, what if he just stopped trying. He wondered what would happen to Hyrule if he just disappeared one day. Link always shook the thought out of his mind. It was up to him to save Hyrule. To save Zelda. So when he did, and she smiled at him and said, "Hello, Link." He felt immediate relief well up in his chest. He didn't give up. He didn't give in to the feeling of loneliness, or isolation. He didn't stop. Link wished many things, He wished that he never pulled that sword out of the pedestal that day one hundred and five years ago. He wished he could have said one last goodbye to his family. And most of all, he wished he never was born with the Triforce at all. He always wondered what it was like being a normal kid, with a normal life. To be fair, he would have lived out the rest of his years through the rise and reign of Ganon. But it was better than having the pressure of all of Hyrule watching you, and knowing you're the one who has to put an end to the whole Calamity. Link truly did love slaying monsters, and going out and adventuring, but he'd rather do it by his own free will, or as a normal guard. He never liked the prospect of being the Hero of the Wild. But it was his duty, his birthright. And teaching the princess how to fight, now that excited him and scared him. He wanted her to learn the basics of melee weapons because of her breaking her back in castle town. That scared him to his core. Thank Hylia that there is healing hot springs because she would be dead, or at least paralyzed. He remembered riding on his horse totally forgetting about fast travel. Link hoisted Zelda over his shoulder, not caring for delicacy, she was out at this point, and he needed to hurry. He ran for the closest hot spring and felt immediate relief when she sat up gasping and coughing and then Link felt anger. He was mad at her for not listening. But most of all, he was mad at himself. How could he be so foolish and not think through everything. He thought with his gut and didn't act upon rationality and common sense. So it was best that she learned something to be able to survive in this harsh and unforgiving place called Hyrule.