Chapter 15: My parents

"Mum! Dad!"
My parents were there. Holding each other, eagerly awaiting for their only daughter to come home.
"Sweetie!" My mum came towards me and hugged me tight and then so did my dad.
I was going to stay only for the night and then I was going to leave. So I handed my bag to dad and held mum's hand.
I stared back at the train and saw Draco walk grumpily out of the station. He was clearly bothered and all I wanted to do was to go there and hug and tell him everything was alright.
I told my mum about how I improved in all my classes. I told them about how I wanted to become involved in the ministry when I had to choose a job. I didn't tell them though that I might not even make it to eighteen years old. I enjoyed staying with my parents. It was all I needed.
My dad said:
"Honey, are you sure that no type of dentist exists in the Wizarding World?"
"No not 100%. But I'm definitely sure I'm not going to grab magical people's teeth out for a living."
My parents laughed and we arrived home. It was all great. I honestly wanted to stay longer so that I could see grandma. Grandma is my favorite person ever. Her name is Mary Rose and as I was the only child, she always took care of me. She was old, unfortunately and I always wanted to see her because I never knew when her time was up. I spoke to her on the phone at times but...
I missed Draco. I missed his hugs and him. I missed his hair and his smile. His eyes and his nose.
Time passed quickly at my parents house. After I said goodbye to them, I left. I called grandma. I told her everything. About Hogwarts, about my magic and my classes.
And then I entered the train.
I clasped my luggage and waved goodbye to my parents. It was awful knowing that I would wake up the next day and there will not be my parents there. But on the other hand, I didn't want them to get hurt.
~~~
This time, there's was no Draco coming to me in the Hogwarts Express to my disappointment. I couldn't wait to see Ron and Harry. But I didn't know if they wanted to see me. It's just that we grew apart recently. I can't handle the fact that I'm loosing all the people I love. At least I'm keeping my grades up. At least I know I won't loose those.
I got to my dormitory and before I can move the handle, I see Professor Dumbledore striding down the corridor, humbling to himself.
"Professor? Is everything alright?"
"Hermione dear, of course everything is alright, why wouldn't it be?"
He smiles, but I know this was forced. He looks at me in the eyes and nods:
"I know something isn't alright for you dear, though. Is it?"
"No Professor. But it's nothing to worry about."
"Of course it isn't." He winks, then all of a sudden, he becomes serious and says:
"Hermione, promise me that you will not abandon Harry. I know he can be quite... misunderstood at this time... But he is going through a hard time. I know I sometimes go along for quite a while, but please, don't let him get hurt."
"Of course Professor. I won't disappoint you." I smile back at him.
He smiles and then quickly straightens up.
"Well, is better get going then!" He starts walking away but soon whispers, "As long as I can..."
I look at him confused and suddenly a thought strikes me. I've been so busy lately, I haven't really realized that the person who needs real support is Harry, not me. Harry could be killed by Voldemort any second and all I'm thinking about is me. Me, myself and I.