The Eight (based on greek mythology)

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful day <3 this is a story I had to write in sixth grade about how the Greek gods and goddesses formed the earth! This all copied and pasted from the original document so it will not be that good and I encourage you to poke fun at it!

There once lived a beautiful goddess named Sybella. Sybella was the mother Earth, and the goddess of life itself. She was the one who created Zeus himself. She was considered to be one of the most beautiful goddesses in Greece. Although she was asked many times to wedd some of the finest gods and mortals in Greece, she said no to all who asked.

Although she thought these men were eligible to wedd, she didn't think they would be the one. Until one day while Sybella was walking in the marketplace, she met Draco, god of light, fire, and heat.

When she asked why she had never seen him at Olympus meetings or at the winter and summer solstice, he replied that he often lived alone on a place that he called the sun, which he created himself. Draco told her that he had made this place a star, which is a burning ball of heat, and made it so hot so that no mere mortal could get in this so called star.

Not long after, Sybella and Draco were soon wedd till death parted them.

They spent a lot of time in Olympus where they mostly lived. When they felt like leaving and getting away from Zeus and the others, they went to Draco's star. Since Sybella did not possess the power to stand the massive heat of the Sun, Draco would make her wait outside until the AC was on.

Then on the 25th of May, Sybella and Draco were blessed with the gift of eight children, five daughters and three sons. Neptune, the eldest of the eight, and Pluto, the youngest of the eight. The other daughters were named Saturn, Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter, while the other sons were named Uranus and Mars.

As the children grew, they each received special gifts.

Saturn received the gift of love, Neptune received the gift of imagination, Mars received the gift of fire, Mercury received the gift of strength, Venus received the gift of wisdom, Jupiter received the gift of song, Uranus received the gift of storms, and Pluto received the gift of trickery.

Uranus was usually the sensitive one, so when Uranus and his mother often got in fights so when they did, Uranus would get upset and angry that he would create storms down in the mortals village, and stay away from his mother for periods of time.

Venus on the other hand was the clingy one. Venus never left her mother's side. She was the closest one to her mother and was considered "the good kid" to her parents, especially her mother.

Neptune usually spent her free time dreaming of stories to tell her parents and her siblings. She would usually play with the other gods and goddesses and her parents would pull her away and tell her not to bother them but, they would usually get upset at Sybella and Draco for taking her away from them.

As Mars grew older since he was blessed with the gift of fire and heat, he spent more time on the Sun. Mars would also help the local blacksmiths in the mortals village with his gifts.

As the children grew older, sadly so did Sybella and Draco. As Sybella grew older she became ill. The next year was rough for the mortals in villages and the gods. As Sybella grew more and more ill, the crops began the wilt and die.

Draco and the kids tried to help but it was not the same. The rest of the gods would try and find her something to help, but nothing would help her illness. That is until... Draco had Mars bottled 2 flames and two different plants from the village. They took it to Sybella, but sadly it was to late.

Moments after Sybella's death, Sybella had turned into a silver mist. As the earth began to shake, Draco realized that the mother of Earth, had in fact become the Earth itself.

The plants began to bloom again and the water was clean and pure. It was sad not having her around but, the Earth was healthy and clean.

Then as it was time for Draco to move on with Sybella, again the Earth shook as Draco turned into his creation of the Sun.

The now parentless children realized that they had to fend for themselves.

A year had past and a lot had changed.

Saturn was engaged to a god named Roman, who was the god of romance. Neptune had started writing her own stories to read to the gods and goddesses children. Mars was working part-time as a blacksmith and would get paid a lot. Although since it was mortal money, he would take it to the ATM and exchange it for Dracmas.

Pluto was also working part-time, but in a mortal joke shop. Until one day Pluto thought it would be funny to play with the snakes they sold at the joke shop. He was laughing so hard at how "funny" it was, then suddenly and so mysteriously stop laughing.

As the ground began shaking, Pluto had also disappeared as a silver white mist. The rest of the siblings were not as upset as they were with the death of their parents, because Pluto's death was... how do I put this? Stupid.

The others lived a long and happy life with their own families, but it was soon to long.
Saturn was married to Roman and had two children, Libra and Virgo. Mars was taking care of his father's Sun, and Jupiter was performing with her backup singers The Goddess Girls at the coliseum.

On May 25th their 90th birthday, they stood together holding hands and turned into silver mist. As the ground started to shake, Mars, Neptune, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, Uranus, and Venus, had turned into the well known 8 planets.

That is how the planets were created.