Seattle

Honey in Seattle

I woke up that morning, excited. I had fun plans for the evening. My best friend, Maria and I had tickets to see Monsta X in concert in downtown Seattle. I lived about an hour away from the venue and so we had planned on having a fun afternoon in downtown Seattle before the concert and booked a room at a nearby hotel. My bag was packed and I had on a shirt that said Joobebe across the front and a pleated leather skirt. Around 10 a.m. Maria texted me that she was outside my apartment,ready to go. I grabbed my mondoongie and overnight bag and ran out to her car. We listened to Monsta X music during the ride while we both sang along. We checked into our room about an hour later and then stepped out into the city for some sight seeing and a pre-concert meal.

At the concert we danced and sang along to each song. Our seats were in the third row, so we had a great view of the show.  All the guys were amazing performers, but Joohoney really sparkled. His deep voice and energetic dance moves drove me crazy. I couldn't take my eyes off him the whole night.
As the concert concluded, Maria and I discussed plans to hit up the lobby bar when we got back to our hotel. But when we were in line to buy merch, her phone started blowing up. It was her jealous boyfriend. He didn't like her lusting after idols. She stepped out of line and called him up while I bought a hoodie. She continued to argue with him as we walked back to the hotel. By the time we got back to the room, I was beyond annoyed. I changed out of my concert clothes and took a bath hoping the drama would end.  When I came out, they were still going at it so I put on a pair of high waisted jeans, a beige crop top and a green satin slouchy duster. I whispered that I was heading down to the hotel bar. Maria barely noticed me leaving.

I sat down at a barstool in the middle of the bar and ordered an old fashioned. There were two men seated at the far end of the bar, and a group of 5 at one of the couches. Other than that the bar was quiet. The bartender handed me my drink and as I picked it up to take my first sip, I  peered around the room to take a better look at the other patrons. I almost spit out my drink when I realized the 2 men at the bar were none other than Joohoney and Hyungwon.  Out of sheer panic and a desire to not embarrass myself by fan-girling too much, I downed the old fashioned and motioned to the bartender for another one. For literally no reason, I was suddenly out of breath and I turned my back to the Monsta X members so that I could compose myself. I'm sure the last thing they would want is for some crazy fan to ruin their evening.

After a few minutes the bartender returned with another drink for me and I heard the bar stool to my left slide out and the bartender asked someone what they would like to drink. An all too familiar voice responded with “I'll have the same as her”. I turned around and Joohoney was standing there. He was wearing a pair of tight light gray jeans, and a steel Grey button up shirt, the top 3 buttons were undone, showing off his sternum nicely. He motioned to the bar stool he just pulled out and asked "Can I have a seat?"  I smiled and nodded. "I've never had an old fashioned before. But the way you've downed that last one made me want to try it".  My face flushed red, but I tried to play it off with a soft laugh.  He extended out his hand for me to shake and he said "Hi, I'm Johnny".
I took his hand and introduced myself "I'm y/n". His hand was masculine and strong, yet he shook my hand with a soft and caring touch. I sat there wondering why he introduced himself with a fake name.
"So, what brings you out this evening?" He said in a deep and sensual tone.
"Girls night out,  but my friend is having some boy troubles".  I wasn't about to tell him I was at his concert earlier tonight  since he used a fake name. " What about you?"
"Uhh, I'm in town for work and some of my coworkers and I had a presentation this evening". I had to hold back my laughter. What is this game he was playing?

The bartenderer placed an old fashioned in front of Joohoney. We each picked up our drink and clinked our glasses together. "Do you have a good toast?'' Joohoney asked me.
"To those who love us, we wish them well and to those who hate us they can go to hell".  This made him laugh and we both took sips.
"Woah this might get me in trouble tonight" he said, referencing the strong cocktail.
I lifted my drink up and said "here's hoping"!