Fin- Diluc x reader Pt.1

Songs used as inspo: Fin by mustard service, Half as far by Friko

꧁♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎꧂

I took a deep breath of the cold air as I quickly walked through the busy campus. From people running to their next class to groups of friends lounging on the ground, the campus was still full of life despite the slightly cold breeze.
. It was just a typical autumn day, and everyone enjoyed it. Well, everyone besides me. All I wanted to achieve today was to go to my favorite spot, the library. This spot eased me from all the stress college life threw at me. Not many people also venture to it, so it was almost entirely quiet most of the time. So every day, I would go there after class or even before it.

It gave me the chance to get away and go to some far-off land. From space to the open waters of Teyvat, I've seen it all. So every time I would see the old oak doors of the library, a smile would creep up my face. It was a reminder to me I could finally relax and unwind. As if it was muscle memory, I opened the old oak doors and stepped inside. The smell of old books warmly greeted me as I glided through the tables. That was until I was then stopped in my tracks.

On this chilly autumn day, the vibrant leaves danced off their branches onto the cold ground. There he sat in front of the window of the nearly vacant library. His crimson hair glistened as the warm glow of the orange hue of the evening sun reflected off of it, as his intense red hues focused on the book in front of him.

Diluc Ragnvindr was his name, and he was in my spot. My name isn't even in that area, yet I always sit there, so it might as well be. Out of all the other library seats, it has the best view of the campus as well out of sight of the many of the patrons that frequent the library. I would tend to sit there to read, study, or take a quick nap before my next lesson. It was like a little getaway from all the stress college life can throw at you, and he was invading it.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly walked to a nearby table a few feet away from him. Yes, he did take my favorite spot, but I was no animal. There was no point in causing a scene over something so small. Even though deep down I wanted to. That was until I heard a sigh of annoyance come from the person behind me as I sat down. Quickly I turned around and saw that he was glaring at me from the corner of his eyes.

    He has to be kidding right now. First, he dared to take my spot. Which I was going to let slide because it's just a seat. THEN this man glared at me for seating near him!!

I gave him a confused look in return. He mumbled under his breath as he returned to the book under his nose. Staring at him still, I heaved a sigh of frustration over his actions. All a girl wants to do is read and look at the pretty colors of the fall leaves. Isn't that too much to ask?

Still not wanting to cause a commotion, I went to read my book as well. Maybe the peaceful action of reading will indicate that I want the same thing he wants, which is to read and nothing more. After a while, I forgot about the incident that had unfolded just thirty minutes prior. I even forgot that the famous redhead was there beside me.

  Then I heard a shuffle and rustling beside me. In Response, I glanced and saw that Diluc was packing his belongings. Good, that means I get to enjoy this time by myself and relax more. I then again zoned out and began to read again. In the background, I heard a chair shifting and then footsteps walking towards me. At first, I thought he was coming towards me, which he was. Then I remembered that I was in his path towards the library's exit.