Fin pt2 - Diluc x reader

Art by: nokkusuart on Twitter

Sorry I've been dead til now but mono resurrected me with a true loves kiss~ /j

Warning: 16+ with some fluff, also some cursing. If you're under 16.... Welp I told you so, I'm not your parent. Just blame me if you get caught /j

Anyway please enjoy

꧁♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎♒︎꧂

    It's been about six months since Diluc and I started our so-called "relationship". We'd still meet for our almost daily endeavors at the library, but lately, we've been meeting at locations instead, even though we would talk and see each other nearly every day. We were still just friends, and I hated it.

I've known for the past two months or so that I wanted to be something more with Diluc, but I didn't know if he felt the same for me. As the days progressed, my hope for it to happen slowly dwindled each day. Even though I knew for a fact that he had some type of feelings for me, but I just didn't know what. Knowing this fact, I still had a fear of pursuing it. I cared deeply for the crimson hair man, and I didn't want to lose him because of my maybe one-sided feelings

That was until one fateful day. It was the last few days of winter when it was still relatively cold, but the cool spring air slowly crept on us. It was a weekend, so we decided that we would spend time at one of our apartments. This time was Dilucs turn to be the host, so we both agreed we'd meet there.

I had work and errands that I had to attend to, so I didn't get to his place til four, almost 5 o'clock. His apartment was on the more amicable end of town, primarily residential. There were a few local shops placed here and there, but they were never open when I would frequent the area.

      His apartment complex was undoubtedly more extensive than the ones around them. It was six floors, and most apartments were either 2 or 1 story. When I entered the main lobby, I was greeted with the soft white marble and ivory on the floors and walls. There were a few sitting areas thrown here and there, but the remaining space was bare. I swiftly walked to the elevator. While doing so, I smiled and waved at the security guard. While waiting for the elevator, I had small talk with him til I heard the ding from behind me.

     Instead of an empty elevator, I was greeted with a familiar pair of dark red eyes now staring at me. Taken aback, I became wide Eyed. Yes, this is his place of living, and I am his guest, but he's never fully come down to greet me. The usual routine was to come to his door when I was finally free, and we'd start our day there.

    Taking a few more seconds, I pondered what to do, then quickly entered the elevator with him. "I-I didn't expect you to come to meet me all of a sudden. That's quite unusual of you, Mr. Ragnvindr." I teased slightly while still having a somewhat surprised look on my face.

     "Well, I thought it was rather rude of me not to, so I decided to start now." He proclaimed and kept his head facing the door, not wanting to look at me. I knew at this point he was lying to me.

     "No, I think it was something more," I cooed while getting closer, bringing him into a friendly side hug, "I think someone was excited to see little old me."

    Looking up, I could see that a light pink hue had come across his facial features. Taking a moment to breathe a sigh to compose himself, he then spoke. "Maybe that was the reason, but both are entirely true. It's rather rude to make such a fascinating guest walk all on her lonesome."

    Now it was my turn to blush at his words, but before I could respond, a familiar ding echoed into the small chamber. The doors slid open, and we quickly went through them and made our way to his door. When we finally arrived, he opened the door and gestured for me to enter before him.