6 Years of Bloodshed

These little bastards. Who did they think they were? Coming out of the shadows and announcing that they were the new rulers of the world. Simultaneously enslaving the human race, killing off the elderly, sick and injured. Who the fuck gave them the authority?

Nobody knows why the vampires attacked us that cold, winter day. But the world hasn't been the same since then.

Nowadays humans live like livestock. They live in tiny little apartment complexes couped up like chickens by the hundreds. One room, which should normally only be for a couple of people to happily live in, is packed to the brim with people. So much so that they barely have room to breath, let alone turn around.

Not to mention they all live like animals. Nobody has any common custody anymore. They eat whatever scraps of food come their way and fight over it. Sometimes they even kill each other over it and the vampires watch like it's some light-hearted comedy.

Fuck them! Fuck them all!

Well...all except for one.

My girlfriend, Daisy (but everyone always just called her Flower), got turned into one of those dreadful creatures.

She tried to kill me once. But, as if she snapped out of some sort of mind control, she stopped and apologized. We've been all by ourselves ever since.

6 years of bloodshed later and I swore to myself to protect her from anyone and she swore to protect me. We both hid out in an old run down cabin together. She'd use her elemental magic to start fires to keep us warm, and she'd keep watch over me while I sleep overnight. And I watch over her while she sleeps during the day, and I train.

We both do. Every single evening.

Why? In case we see a vampire, we can kill it.

And, so far, our skills haven't failed us yet. We've already freed some small towns from the vampire's control together.

But still nothing. Nothing to cure Flower of her vampirism.

So that's why we're going to go to New York City. Where Mother Bathory lives. Every hive has it's queen and she's it. If we can find a cure for Flower and kill her, all of the other vampires will fall over dead. And I refuse to see it any other way than that.

However we're in Oregon. Getting to New York will require a LOT of bloodshed and guts to be spilled. And I'll be damned if it's either of ours.