14. rings and prompts

"What the hell are you doing?" Adriano finds himself asking at the first sight of his younger brother

               "What the hell are you doing?" Adriano finds himself asking at the first sight of his younger brother. Angel is laying on the couch in his office, foot hanging from the arm of the chair as he sharpens his favorite knife.

The youngest brother sighs, "What do you think I'm doing?"

"Being annoying?"

Angel sighs dramatically, "Guess again."

"You're planning to kill me because I tripped you walking in." Adriano scoffs and Angel rolls his eyes.

"I should," The assassin flips off his brother, "But no. I just want to spend a little quality time with my brother, is that such a crime?"

"It is when it's unprompted."

"Living is the prompt."

Adriano closes the file he started to scan for a brief second and tilts his head, "Until it's not." Angel only ever visits when he's coated in the blood of his enemies. As far as he can see, Angel is clean and doesn't seem to be in any pain. So what could possibly be the reason for this visit? And yes, Angel always has a reason.

Adriano seems to get his answer when his twin brother enters the room with a velvet ring box in his grasp and his fingers jittery as he looks between his brothers.

"I'm going to propose to Remi." His words leave Adriano shocked. Not at the fact that this is his second brother that'll be tied down with a ring. No, he's shocked because now he knows why Angel is here.

He points to his brother, missing the grin on Angel's face, "And you told him first?"

Luca rolls his eyes and approaches Angel's seat, hitting his feet from the arm rest. Plopping himself down gently, he pops open the box and stares at the ring within it.

"He had to get the ring for me." Luca admits, ignoring as Adriano's brows furrow.

"Was that before or after he paralyzed a college student for getting his Taco Bell order wrong?"

Angel shrugs, "Before. Couldn't get blood on this beauty, could I?" He motions to the diamond on the simple band. "I also compensated him for his sacrifice. I doubt he's in a place to complain when I've gotten him world class scientists and paid off his tuition and retirement fund —"

"Enough." Adriano arches a brow and turns to his twin, "Ten carats? That's cheap of you."

Luca rolls his eyes, "She likes the simple things and would probably hate me if I got anything bigger. Even asked her friend Talia."

Angel huffs but says nothing.

Ignoring it, Adriano leans back against his desk, eyes trained on his phone in anticipation, "Let me guess, you need somebody to watch Jori for the proposal."

"Actually," Luca sighs, "I want to involve him in it. I know he's not legally my son but it feels like it and I don't want to leave him out. Me asking Remi to join this family doesn't work without me asking Jori to join too."

"Cute." The new voice that joins us makes my heart race. Our heads shoot over to her, I'm sure for all different reasons. Luckily, Angel knows the sound of Adalena's voice or he would've thrown his knife faster than any of us could blink. And she knows it too because she rolls her eyes when she glances at the assassin, "A little jumpy, aren't you?"

"You just always seem to appear out of nowhere." He winks.

"Maybe you're just not aware enough." She tilts her head, "Not very characteristic of you, James Bond."

"I'm aware enough. You're just a ninja with red bottoms."

Adriano watches the interaction, trying to fight the smile that threatens to grow on his face. Their banter usually always ends up with Adalena winning and her next words solidify that.

"Thank you for recognizing."

Luca chuckles and motions to the table of alcohol in the room, knowing that she can't resist a good bottle of champagne. "Drink?"

She shakes her head, "I can't. Still working." Pursing her glossed lips, she looks between the two brothers, "Can I get a minute with Adri?"

Angel stands and approaches the door, towering over the woman as he passes her with a kiss to her forehead, "Please do not have sex on that chair. I actually like it."

Adriano rolls his eyes, "Don't tell us what to do."

Angel throws his middle finger to his brother and Luca chuckles before following behind him, sending Adalena a wink.

With Adalena and Adriano remaining in the room, she turns to him, ignoring the seductive look he gives her. When he's sure they've gone past hearing distance, he reaches a hand out to her and she takes it.

"Why did you deny his offer?" He questions because even he was a bit confused. "Not to call you an alcoholic but work doesn't stop you from drinking one glass, baby."

She pecks his lips and pulls away before it can heat up. Her hormones were already increasing her libido, "His drink offer?" Adriano nods in confirmation and cradles her cheek before pulling her in for another kiss. She bites his lip as she pulls away and tucks her hand into her handbag, "Probably because of this."

With the signal, he looks down at her hand that is between them. She holds two sticks with blue caps on them. Both reading Pregnant.

Pregnant.

He should've expected it. He should've expected how he would feel about her revealing the news. He had no doubts about if him constantly breeding her would work. He knew they would and maybe he's being too cocky about it but he kept his promise to her.

He told her he would not stop until she got what she wanted. And now she got what she wanted.

And he'll be a father.

"Dio mio." He whispers.

She kisses the forehead of his bowed head and sniffles, "I don't want to bank too much on it. There's still some time to go but I'm hopeful, Adri. We're going to be parents."

He understands her reservations. But right now, he couldn't help but to swim in the joy at the news.

He reaches his hands around and grabs the globes of her ass powerfully, his grin wide and genuine, "I could fuck you so hard right now."

She laughs, "Please do. I am ridiculously horny."

she's pregnaaaaaaaaant

and this took so long to write