11: ERRORS OF FALLACY

"And then I knew, I had lost you for a while now... Forever..."

...

The morning had sneaked beneath the crooked shades of those petty window cracks, the sun blithering in utmost serenity felt too unsettling. The aftermath of the previous night left an effect of gruesome serendipity, though the outer world seemed perfectly in rhythm with the happiness cascading, the inside felt like a storm had thrashed the lives sprawled upon the fathomed livelihood.

Twisting and turning upon the crumpled sheet, Seojin fluttered open his eyes, squinting it to adjust to the sneaking light. He may have occasionally liked dissolving into that cacophony of hues, but more often than not, it appeared as though he was slicing right through it. His dark form constantly found space, as if he repulsed them or were a drop of oil in the ocean.

Fisting his palm, he sat upon the bed, trying to retaliate where he was. And it didn't take him long to fumble through the charts of his memories to remember each incident vividly.

The very moment of realisation took a grasp on him, and he turned to his right to find the spot empty, where was Sihee? A quick peek at the clock said it was around seven in the morning, and Jin quickly moved his body, rushing outside to find her.

The house was empty.
The dining, the kitchen, the bathroom, each place was quiet and left alone. Not even a breath was heard gushing softly around the corners of their home.

Where did they all disappear?

He found himself overwhelmed by the events unfolding around him, caught in a vortex of emotions that consumed every inch of his being. But above all, it was the fiery rage that coursed through his veins, growing fiercer with each passing moment. Regret washed over him as he berated himself for being unable to break free from the constraints of his own limitations. Deep within, he longed for progress, for a way to transcend the chaos and discover inner peace.

In this shattered world, the piercing echoes of screams reverberated from every corner, erasing any trace of harmony. Dissonant voices clashed and collided, each one desperately seeking dominance. The relentless symphony of chaos threatened to annihilate the delicate serenity that lingered.

Helplessly, he observed the relentless war of words, as insults were hurled and individuals were diminished, all in the pursuit of an illusory superiority. It was a perpetual race, driven by an insatiable hunger for power and control. Emotions were mere trajectories, fleeting sparks that flickered and died within an expansive abyss of emptiness.

And when his heart felt sinking beneath the heaps of heaviness, the bell rang; loud. Wiping off the damp tears on his cheeks, his scurrying steps took him to the door as he pulled the shackles open to reveal Ahyun standing in flesh and blood.

"Hyunie..." His eyes widened in surprise and delight; he couldn't believe she was actually here. He eagerly reached out his arm, hoping to hold her wrist, but she didn't linger long enough. Moving past him, she swiftly made her way to the kitchen, carefully placing the bags of groceries on the counter. She washed her hands before organizing everything in their rightful spots.

"Hyunie..." Seojin stood at the door, eyeing her each move. This, probably, was the last thing playing on his mind; to be ignored by the love of his life. And the cherry on top; he doesn't even know why!

Closing the door behind him, he neared the lady who was busy stocking their refrigerator with a week long's groceries. He had to talk, he must have done something despicable to receive such blatant treatment. He cannot give up. Perhaps, this unwanted feeling of nothingness was already too much.