Chapter 4: The artist is stubborn

The Macroeconomic lesson was finally over which revealed all the students to leave class and take a break for a few minutes, smoking on the doors or grabbing a coffee at the cafeteria. Victoria left the class to take a snack for her and Max, leaving her friend alone for a bit. The redhead girl was lost on her work when someone decided to interrupt her by sitting on Vic's place.
  "Hello!" - a masculine voice was heard with a sound of excitement.
"Oh, hey... um, Eric, right?"
"Max, huh?" - the boy smiled back.
"Yes. 'Sup?"
  "Good, what 'bout you?"
  "Good, too. I didn't know we were in the same class."
  "I just recognized you when you entered the class. Nice to know we got the same lesson."
  "Yup. How does Macroeconomics sound so far?"
  "It's good, but seems like you get bored easily by it." - Eric softly giggled.
  "Sometimes, when I gotta write all this shit in here." - Max showed him the notebook full with the professor's lessons.
  "Ah, I agree."
Victoria entered the class suddenly and smiled to her classmate.
  "Hey there!"
  "Oh, hi! Sorry, I took your place." - the blond boy stood up and made a gentle gesture by holding the chair for Vic.
  "Thank you. What's your name?"
  "I'm Eric. I accidentally knocked on your door thinking it was someone else, and I met Max."
  "Oh, so you're that guy, trying to find some kind of Steven or Steve." - the latina girl chuckled along with Eric.
  "Yes, that's right."
  "So, did you find that Steven or Steve guy?" - Max asked.
  "Yeah, he was in the next cabin." - Eric said.
After a short talk, the classmates' conversation was interrupted as the professor walked again in the class.

On another class, the art professor was explaining his students the Visual Art field was going to host a scholarship art contest. Will was listening to it carefully, but not Jane.
  "What if we join it?" - the boy asked his sister.
  "Join what?" - Jane sleepily asked back as she was drawing, not something in particular, in her notebook.
  "The scholarship art contest the school's hosting."
  "You really think you're going to win?"
  "If not me, then you."
  "I'm not joining."
  "And why's that?"
  "'Cause I won't win. Like never."
  "You can't talk ahead of time." - Will got closer. - "I want you to join, for real. Your art is amazing."
  "Don't dream and keep lying to yourself, I'm not gonna join."
  "You're so stubborn, damn!"
  "No shit, Sherlock."
Will let out a big annoyed exhale and focused on his things. Jane was a hard type to convince, Will knew it. Since he got to know her when they were kids, when their single parents decided to pass the life together and when growing up in the same house, Will was totally sure he could never, ever convince Jane. It was rare if so.

As the day was over, Will had a relieved breathe when he saw Lucas walking towards him. Maybe he could convince Jane a little, maybe, Will thought.
  "I give up." - Will dropped off his hands.
  "What?"
  "The school's hosting a scholarship art content."
  "That's great! You joining?"
  "Yeah, but I want Jane to join, too, but she doesn't listen to me. And I can't convince her. Help me."
  "Yo, I'm not joining. I told you." - Jane walked past the boys.
  "You should, my friend. You're the most talented person I know, and Will, too." - Lucas grabbed his friend's shoulder, trying to give her courage.
  "What makes you think I'll win?"
  "You don't, actually, need to win. You're gonna get everyones attention with your amazing art, and that will make you take good grades, at least."
  "What's up, guys?!" - Victoria interrupted the moment. - "Why y'all look off?"
  "We're trying to convince Jane to join the scholarship art content." - Will informed.
Jane had this annoying look and rolled her eyes, not liking this kind of attention at the moment.
  "What did I just listen to? You don't wanna join that art content?!" - Victoria pointed at Jane. - "I swear I'm gonna choke you right now."
The brunette shook her head with a small smile.
  "Look, I just... don't know, okay. I don't know."
  "In my opinion, you should join. You're a talented artist and I, personally, love your art. We're gonna support you, no worries." - Max advised and smiled to her.
Jane had all her friends on her back, but she was still confused with herself. Maybe her art was amazing, she thought, but still needed time to think about taking this step.