【My Geeky Valentine】

For you all, my Valentines <3(Comment a bunch, please!)

(Comment a bunch, please!)

• • •

It was weird how we'd experienced so much together, but we'd never celebrated Valentine's day together. We'd been through hell and back a couple of times over, but something as basic and simple as lovers' day was unknown to us.

In our defense, Lex had had the brilliant idea of being incarcerated the one time we'd had a shot at it. And I'd been too absorbed by the situation to realize what day it was.

When had we ever been normal, though?

Unsurprisingly, we were both looking forward to celebrating it for the first time. Even though we were aware that it was a commercial holiday, that we didn't need that to show each other love, that it was cliché and tacky... Fuck what everyone else thought.

Acts of service and quality time were among our love languages, and we weren't about to say no to a shitload of it.

Since we were both greedy and stubborn like that, and eager to win this unspoken competition of "who's the best partner?" we decided to cut the evening in half. From five to seven-thirty, I was in charge of our plans. Then we had an hour to eat in a restaurant we picked together. After that, from eight-thirty to eleven, Lex had control. And then... then we'd share the responsibility of it, hopefully by spending the night in our bed.

Three knocks on the bathroom door prompted me to check on the time, tapping on my phone to see if I was late.

"Yes?" I called out, seeing I was still on time.

"I just need my cologne."

His resigned tone made me grin, but I swallowed it back when I reached for his cologne. I'd thrown him out of the bathroom while I got ready, forcing him to use the guests' one instead. To be fair, I'd bought a new dress for the occasion, and I wanted to surprise him. Also, I had another excellent reason to keep him at bay, and that reason was still in its box, by the sink.

With the pricey bottle in hand, I made my way to the door, which I barely cracked open to glance at him. He was looking as dashing as ever, with a crisp white shirt and charcoal slacks that accentuated his narrow hips and long legs.

"There you go," I told him, handing him the goods.

"Will you be much longer?"

"Uh... five minutes."

"You've been in there for over an hour."

I might have taken it poorly had I not known that he was merely frustrated to be cut off from me. "And every part of me that shouldn't have hair on it is now dolphin-smooth," I revealed with pride.

"I like it when you're prickly."

I snorted, knowing he actually meant it. "Coleman, your brownie points jar has been overflowing for months; you can stop being so perfect all the time."