09 # burn baby burn

chae ai's heart is burning; she wonders if it'll burn her alive.

her hand also seems to be burning as yeodan keeps a secure clasp around it, interlocking their fingers together.

"do you think i'm going to run away or something?" she can't help but ask, an amused smile prying on her lips as she shakes their connected limbs.

the wine haired boy smiles back, tugging her along. "who knows? you are the type to run away, babe." they're interrupted by yeoryeong's sudden gagging.

"gross!" the little girl yelps, quickly pulling her hand away from where yeodan was holding it in his other hand. "you're gross, oppa. totally gross. who says babe anymore?"

chae ai bursts into laughter, letting go of his hand as well. "yeah, gross yeodan," she emphasizes, snickering as he wears a face of defeat. goes to show why you don't try to act lovey dovey in front of your siblings.

yeoryeong ends up running into chae ai's open arms, hiding herself behind the elder girl's figure for protection when she teasingly sticks her tongue out at her elder brother. "as payment, oppa should buy us cotton candy! right, noona?"

yeodan's eyes practically roll to the back of his skull.

"right. that's the fee for putting yeoryeong in such extensive explain," the blonde smirks, patting the elder boy's back. "hop to it, yeodannie~"

the boy sighs but makes no further complaints. chae ai has a feeling he's not as upset as he's acting considering the fond look in his eye. "yes, yes. what color do you want, yeoryeong?"

"mmm, pink please!"

"and you, ai-ah?"

"huh? me?" chae ai questions, pointing at herself in surprise. he nods. "oh, pink as well then, please. let me give you the money to pay for it," she responds, digging through her jacket for her wallet.

yeodan waves her off. "don't worry about it. consider it my payment for entertaining me and my sister, okay?"

the blonde frowns but relents, knowing how stubborn the male could actually be. "sure, but it's my treat next time."

he knowingly laughs. "sure, whatever you say." chae ai swears she can detect hints of disbelief.

after his departure, she and yeoryeong go to find a resting spot. they eventually locate a bench and take it for themselves.

with the temperatures rapidly dropping though, the younger girl ends up cuddling into chae ai's side. she wraps an arm around yeoryeong's shoulder and sets the pink raccoon on her lap.

"noona, isn't this yours?" the wine haired girl comments, her eyes bulging at the site of the stuffed animal.

"sure, but you need her more. she'll keep you warm," chae ai smiles before brushing the younger's hair behind her ears. "don't lose her okay?" seeing yeoryeong's enthusiastic nod, the blonde chuckles affectionately.

"say, noona, that boy—"

"choi joon?"

"yeah, joonssi. is he your brother? you guys seemed very close," yeoryeong elaborates, eyes wide in curiosity. she appears a lot like a cat.

chae ai pats the top of the little girl's head, humming as she contemplates to herself. "brother?" retrieving the memories they've made together in this life, she loudly snorts. "yeah, something like that."