Recap

"He says things... persuasively." Isa didn't really know how else to say it. That was what Marcus did. He said things and people listened, did as he said unflinchingly.

Annabeth quirked her eyebrows inquisitively. "Persuasively?"

The wizards of the room didn't quite understand either. Wasn't there just magic for that?

Isa frustratedly waved her hands. "He tells people what to do and they do it - without using magic. I don't know, no one does. But it's valuable to our father."

Both demigods shared a glance before turning to Marcus. Their steady gazes made him twitch uncomfortably like they were seeing something about him he couldn't.

"Marcus," Annabeth began. Her voice had lost its threatening tone, her tempered cooled. Instead, she seemed more weary - tired. "Do you know your mother?"

The pale wizard flinched. That certainly wasn't a question he expected to hear. "She left just after I was born. I don't blame her," he said bitterly. He just wished that wherever she'd gone, she'd taken him with her.

Clearly, as a firstborn, that meant Isa and Marcus didn't share the same mother. That was the reason the only resemblance they bore was through their father.

Annabeth pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed as if inside her mind, puzzle pieces were falling into place.

"What?" Marcus demanded.

"Your ability is... uncommon. You cast a sort of trance over people, convince them of things with your words, take control of their actions. We have a friend with the same ability. We call it 'Charmspeak'. It's a gift inherited from her mother, the Greek goddess, Aphrodite. A goddess whom I would assume is also your mother."

Marcus sat down heavily, leaning back in the wooden chair to keep him from falling backwards. "So you're saying..."

"I think you're a demigod, Marcus."

~~~~

"Do you promise that you and your associates will leave all demigods alone and you'll let Nico go and not follow him back?"

Voldemort hesitated for just a moment before agreeing. "Deal."

"Swear it," Percy demanded.

Rolling his eyes as if dealing with a child, Voldemort muttered, "I swear that I-"

"Our way. I want you to swear it the demigod way - on the river Styx."

His grandfather trusted Percy about as much as the demigod trusted him in return. "Explain it."

"Swearing on the river Styx means breaking your end of the deal brings you an unavoidable terrible fate worse than death."

"So it's an Unbreakable Vow... You have yourself a deal, my grandson."

"Percy..." Nico mumbled weakly. "No..."

"I'm sorry, Nico, but you guys can't be dragged into this because of me. I won't allow it." The son of Poseidon sucked in a deep breath. "I, Percy Jackson, swear upon the river Styx to become one of Voldemort's Death Eaters should he uphold his end of the deal. Your turn."

Following Percy's layout for the oath, Voldemort recited, "I, Lord Voldemort swear upon the river Styx that I will leave all demigods alone and-"

"And your associates excluding me," Percy interrupted.

"As will my associates aside from my grandson and the demigod shall be set free."

"And not followed," Percy reminded coldly.

"And not followed," Voldemort sighed.

Overhead, the loud booming of thunder crashed, signifying the sealed deal.

"Done. Now let him go."

~~~~

Long time no see *chuckles nervously*

Honestly I don't really have any excuses. Life happened, I lost my motivation, got older, lost even more motivation for the things I wrote in my younger years. But it's unfair to you guys, it's been a few years and I should really suck it up and get my shit together. I can't promise my updates will be fast, but I'm starting with book 2 for Slytherin's Heir because it's the one I have the most motivation to write and I'm hoping it sparks the desire to finish my other stories. So, welcome back, hopefully I can make up for the long time with new and improved writing for you all.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama