Chapter 1

Princess Alisha was getting married today. She woke up and looked out of her balcony of her kingdom Thordan. She lived in a small mansion with her father, step mother and step brother. Her mother left her father to become second wife of some rich king when she was eight years old.  

 Thordan was small nation and just started using new technology only five years since her grandfather’s death as he did not allow any changes in the kingdom will alive.

Her father was trying to update the kingdom and education of people which was becoming  possible. Her marriage to the neighbouring country Tyrion was in that direction. Tyler her fiance was 10 years older than her 24 years self. He was a decent guy and talked very less when they met for the first and the only time. His first wife died leaving 3 years old boy. She did not see the child when she went to his kingdom along with her father and brother to get peace treaty between the two kingdoms.  

Alisha sighed and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Here comes the beautiful bride. Good morning dear,” greeted her house maid Beth.

“Good morning Beth,” Alisha greeted smiling a little.

“What’s with the gloomy greeting? Today is your day. You should be a happy bride.”

Alisha tried to smile again and  Beth seemed convinced as she did not comment again and went back to cooking while listening to the news on radio. Princess are supposed to look beautiful and intelligent but she was simple girl with no eye catching beauty but she was intelligent and kind. Alisha sat on the chair and looked at Beth’s cooking. The kitchen was modernised two years ago. Beth was working in the house for twenty years. She was very friendly with everyone and was very glad for improvised kitchen appliances.

“Prince Alexander joined hands with another kingdom again this morning. He seemed to gain more power. In one year he combined five nations into his kingdom,” Beth continued talking after hearing the news.

“Hmm.” Alisha replied not wanting to seem interested in the topic. But she was anything but. She was very much interested in anything related to Alexander.

“Some say the people of Lashaz have some weird powers. I dont know what to believe but there must be some truth in the rumors otherwise how can it be considered powerful Nation. What do you think dear,” asked Beth.

“Don’t know Beth. I have never been there so I cannot say anything without any proof,”

Alisha replied. But she knew there was some truth because when she was dating Alexander there were moments when she notice something strange about him. But it not matter to her at that time at all.

She went to the living room and saw her father Thranox, sitting on the sofa watching news on TV. when he saw her, he got up and greeted  her good morning and kissed her forehead.

“You are also contributing to our kingdom so much Alisha. You do many things for our kingdom. You are also combining two nations now with this marriage. Maybe not like price Alexander but your contribution is also worth it. He has a powerful aura around him,” her father king thranox said as both of them sat on the sofa watching Alexander shaking hands with the another king.

She did not see him in two years. She tried to avoid watching any news about him but he was everywhere in the news and everyone was talking about him around her once in a while. She should not be thinking about Alexander on her wedding day when she was marrying another man. Her stepmom Martha came to the living room shouting for Beth to bring her coffee.

Her father married Martha when she was ten years old, two year after her mother left him. Martha was married before and had ten year old son Mark. Her husband died after seven years of their marriage due to car accident.