Chapter 2

“Prince Alexander I don’t think it’s a good idea to change plans right now. Everyone knows about our marriage today,” said prince Tyler.

Alexander moved his eyes from Alisha to Tyler. She sighed taking a depth breath to calm herself and sat down on the chair beside prince Tyler. It’s been two years and he looks the same handsome guy with light brown hair, sharp jaw and ocean blue eyes which she loved the most.

She shifted her attention from him to what Tyler was saying. ‘What is he talking about marriage. Is it not happening today?’ Why was she happy about the prospect of it. She scolded herself for such thoughts. Her marriage was necessary to unite the two nations. It was for the wellbeing of her people. They were not financially stable nation and with this union they can gain some benefits.

She adjusted her dress and tried to pay attention to the talk. In their tradition groom should not see the bride in wedding dress before the wedding but no one actually seemed to pay attention to that. So the whatever the situation was, it was serious.

“I was not asking for your opinion prince Tyler,” Alexander said in his commanding tone. He could scare anyone and she could see that prince Tyler was intimated by him.

“ you are not giving us any choice here,” prince Tyler said as he stood up and went near Alexander who did not seemed to phase any with his 6’2” tall, broad shoulders.

Prince Tyler who was 5’6 looked up to him and continued,

“King of Thrankot Will never agree to unite with you.”

“I already told you his conditions prince Tyler.”

“you just now acquired kingdom of Thran and you already set your eyes to have Thrankot. What will it be next then? my kingdom?” now prince Tyler was practically shouting at him.

“We will see about that.” Alexander replied not caring about the other princes temper.

“see king Thranox he is ready to conquer us.” Prince Tyler said shifting his angry eyes to Thranox.

King Thranox rubbed his eyes and looked at prince Tyler.

“Can you tell me any better solution to come out of this mess Tyler?”

Tyler looked at him and shook his head and turned to Alexander again.

“just because you have gained power now, you cannot demand things from us.”

“are you ready to challenge me then?” prince Alexander asked Coolly.

Prince Tyler huffed loudly and walked out of the room cursing under his breath completely ignoring Alisha.

Alisha desperately wanted to know what they were talking about because it seemed like they were discussing about her marriage which involved her. Why did prince Tyler walk away like that? She wanted to shout and ask what was happening. She was frustrated. Why was Alexander in front of her after all this time? Why had he decided to come on her wedding day? So many questions were forming in her head. She fisted her fingers under the desk and looked at the fountain pen on her fathers desk which was a gift to him from her grand mother on his birthday. The thought of her thought grand mother brought some sense of calm to her and she was ready to deal with what ever the situation was.

“What is happening Thranox? Why did prince Tyler walk away like that? We should be going to the wedding venue right now. I know we still have time but we can go early.” Martha asked in one breath wanting to know what was happening.

“you should sit prince Alexander” Thranox said not answering his wife’s question. He asked him to sit half an hour ago, when he came to his study seeing Alexander there. But he chose to stand near window.